45

"No- Tommy, scoot over more. More. More. Mo-,"

"But I don't wanna get close to WILBUR," he whines.

"Do you want this picture or not."

"Tommy it's just Wilbur, it's not like he's going to bite," Phil chimes in. Tommy rolls his eyes and eventually gives in. We were at the Brighton beach fairly close to mine and Will's house. We decided to hang out here for awhile since it was such a nice day.

——

"Let's go get ice cream!" I shout to my friends as I point to an ice cream shop down the road. Tommy jumps up from the sandcastle he was building and ran towards me. But failed and completely face planted. Slowly sitting up into a cross cross position he spit out sand from his mouth. Just then Wilbur came up from behind him and whispered in his ear.

"Isn't sand good."

"WHAT THE FU- NO!"

"Awww did Tommy boy fall?" I tease.

"Everyone shut up and help him," Phil comes behind Tommy and lifts him up from his underarms. Tommy slaps him away.

"I'm a big man! I can get myself up!" He pouts as he walks past me. I cover my mouth with my hand to silence my laugh. Phil then walks past me following Tommy. He turns to look at me and Will that's stood a bit behind me.

"You guys coming?"

"Oh uh yeah," I reply. He nods and turns back around. As I start marching through the sand I feel an arm wrap around my waist. I look over my shoulder to see Wilbur with a smirk. He looks down at me.

"What?" I smile and roll my eyes playfully. Taking his hand off of my hips I intertwine his fingers with mine and we start to run towards the two ahead. He giggles as I pick up the running speed. We pass Phil and slowly catch up to Tommy.

"Wanna race?" I ask the blonde haired boy slightly ahead. I pull Wilbur just a bit more so that we're aligned with Tommy. He looks at me then down at my hand that's connected with Wilburs, then back at me.

"What do I get out of this?"

"Free ice cream, on me,"

"Fuck yeah I'm in!"

"What's the positive outcome for me?" Wilbur chimes in.

"Well that's a tough question. What do you want?"

"You have to share ice cream with me," I smirk at his words.

"Your on."

"SIMP!" Tommy yells while dashing towards the shop.

"WE DIDNT-," I was cut off by Wilbur darting after him. So I didn't have any other chance but chase after them both. After a bit I'm neck in neck with Tommy. We look at each other and then back in front of us. I try to speed up as much as I can making Tommy fall behind. Soon after I almost catch up with Wilbur. My hair is flying in the wind. I honestly feel great. Will looks back and tries to cut me off by running in front of me. I start to slow down a bit due to the fact I'm running out of energy. I look back to see where Tommy is and he's slowed down aswell. But not Wilbur. He's still as fast as ever, and actually at the door of the shop??

DAMN IT HE WON.

I slow down and walk my way over to him, playfully punching his chest. As I try to catch my breath Tommy jogs his way over, also way out of breath.

"I would have won if the sand I ate wasn't weighing me down," he stopped for air multiple times during that sentence.

"Cmon man you couldn't think of a better excuse? Ive eaten more sand than you have today," Wilbur seems to be just fine, mans in shape. Tommy rolled his eyes and mumbled angerly to himself. He let himself inside of the cool store with Wilbur following behind chuckling lightly. I waited outside for Phil that arrived shortly after.

As we walked in there was already an argument happening between the two 'brothers'.

"ITS NICE OUTSIDE YOU LITTLE SHIT!" The people behind the counter seemed concerned as they served a customer.

"BUT BEING INSIDE IS BETTER!" Tommy whined.

"EATING ICE CREAM IN THE SUN IS THE BEST!"

"I DISAGREE," Tommy crosses his arms and looks the other way.

"WHY AM I EVEN ARGUING WITH A CHILD?"

"IM NOT A CHILD! IM SEVENTEEN!" Tommy faces Wilbur again. Everyone is now staring at the commotion they've caused.

"Alright guys, shut up now, seriously," I walk in between them pushing them away. Wilbur pulls me towards him.

"What's better? Eating ice cream inside or outside?" He bent down close to my face, waiting for my reply. My face went completely pink so I pulled him into a hug, burying my face in his chest. I answered his question.

"I can't hear you when you mumble," his voice was low and calm. I could tell he was smiling by the way he said that. My face turned to the side a bit so half my face was still covered.

"Whatever you like better," I whisper.

"HA I WON YOU LITTLE PRICK!" Wilbur yelled at Tommy. To which I had no choice but to stomp on Will's foot.

———-

"I really like that one," I look up at Will. We're picking out ice cream, and Wilbur won the bet so now we have to share.

"Why that one? It's so bad," he chuckles.

"Fine, what about plain vanilla then?"

"Ugh fine."

"YOU TOLD ME TO PICK ONE YOU DICK!" He laughs at my rage. "One large vanilla please. Don't listen to mr. tall man," I tell the nice lady working there. She nods her head and takes the other's orders.

"Ok, without this turning into an argument, where are we going to eat?" Phil asks.

"Inside," Tommy answers and I agree. Wilbur bends down and whispers,

"I thought you were on my side y/n," he's using the same low voice he did before. His hot breath made my ears go pink which quickly spread to my whole face. I turn around and once again buried my face into his chest. Nodding my head in agreement. "I guess we're eating outside!" His voice went all cheery and happy like that didn't just happen.

I sigh in defeat...