8

I decided to end a stream that has been going on for over four hours now.

"Alright people! I think I'm going to head off now! Thank you for coming down and for the donations, you guys are awesome." I gave chat the chance to say goodbye for a couple minutes. As I was reading the messages that flew by, I took a sip of my water and glanced out my window. Wilbur seemed to be sitting at his desk on his... pc? Maybe he was just browsing the internet or something.

"Ok bye now guys!" I clicked the end stream button as I got up to look through my book collection. I was running out of books that I haven't read yet, only one more.

Viv 🐸🤎
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey bae, wanna go to the library?

Hell yea I'll pick you up in 15

Bet, see you soon

Read.

I put on some light makeup and grabbed a snack from downstairs as Viv honked their horn. I waddled outside as Viv got out of their car to hug me.

"Hey bitch! I missed you!" they let go of the hug.

"I missed you too! I got bored and felt like this is a good time to go book hunt-" I got cut off by a loud bang and a loud scream that sounded more like a laugh, shouting "FOR FUCKS SAKE!" Coming from the neighbors house.

Viv and I looked at Wilburs house and looked back at each other with wide eyes both wondering what just happened.

"Uhhh...?"

"I don't know let just go yeah?" I open the car door and slide myself inside. They then slowly nod and hop in. They started driving down the road. We were both confused and silent. We then slowly turned our heads to look at each other and laughed to the point where our stomachs hurt. I felt like I could have abs after that outburst.

We arrived at the library and looked around for awhile. It had a very big dark academia aesthetic. I loved it here. The books, the style, the warmth, the people, literally everything. Dark academia just gives me this comfort that's so strange, I can't describe it.

I ended up getting four books, making it five including the one at home. Viv only got one. They weren't a big reader but when they do it's always horror or mystery books. I don't mind that stuff but I will forever stick with romance. Maybe I like it so much because it gives me a fictional lover. The love inside the book can't actually hurt me. It's made up of everything you would want in a relationship and more. The characters are always happy and living the life I wish I could. It gives me an idea of a healthy relationship. It's like a fairy tale. I pretend I'm the girl character falling in love with her soulmate. The jokes, the touch, the kiss, the dates, the everything, it's amazing.

"Y/n! You ready to go yet?"

"Yeah yeah I'm coming," I smiled and rolled my eyes in a playful way. She punched my shoulder in return.

When we got back we saw Wilbur and his roommates grilling patties. We got out of the car talking about how good the smell was. Wilbur walked outside with a spatula and saw us staring at them. He waved and motioned us to go over there.

"Here's your chance to talk to new people! Let's go!" Viv grabbed my wrist and started jogging over there.

"Viv! I haven't put my books away yet!"

"To bad, no time," they said turning their head back at me.

"Hey Y/n! And Y/n's.... friend. Would you like to stay for hamburgers?"

"Oh no I shouldn't but thank you for the offer," Viv gives me a stare and secretly kicked me.

"OWWwwmmm yes I'd love to stay and eat with you guys." I tried to play it cool so Wilbur wouldn't suspect Viv hurt me.

"I'm Vivian by the way, I'm her best friend of 9 years," they held out their hand with a smile that quickly spread to Wilburs face as he shook her hand back. I didn't realize that I had made my hands into tight fists until I looked down. Why was I getting jealous. They were just shaking hands. Maybe I just don't want Wilbur stealing my girl. I chuckled at myself and the two looked at me.

"I'm going to go out my books inside real fast I'll be right back, Viv you coming?"

"Alwayssss," they took my hand and started skipping to my flat. Once we got inside we sat our books down at the table and she looks at me with a smirk on her face.

"Ok what's your deal," I say sarcastically with a smile.

"Y/nnn he's kinda cuteee," they smile and bite their bottom lip. "Cmonnn you know you want tooo,"

"No, not my type absolutely not."

"Y/n you need to try to make friends atleast. He seems like a good guy and I can already tell he's good for you."

"No flirting is going to happen Viv." They give me the puppy eyes and pushed out their bottom lip. I grabbed her arm and pulled her out the door "Cmon no time for pouting."