3

Y/n POV:

Rain still beating down, I get out of my car and lay on the concrete. The pressure of the cold water splashing my face felt good, it was refreshing. The sound of the droplets crashing on the ground was loud but it had a weird feeling of reassurance that everything will be ok. I feel safer than I have in years. Even though I'm in the middle of a Tescos parking lot. My eyes fill with tears when I realize the happiness won't stay for long. I loved the feeling of happiness, I wanted to feel it for forever. But only in the books, right?

As I continue weeping, a tall figure walks out of Tescos with a bag in his hand. I didn't expect anyone to be here since I saw no vehicle in the parking lot. Why at this moment does someone have to see me. It's 3am down pouring with rain, of course the bad luck happens to me. I try my best to ignore him but he was intimidating as hell. He starts walking towards me. I freeze in fear wondering if I was going to get kidnapped. He leans over my body protecting me from the rain.

"Hey, uh are you alright?" He asks as water from his shirt drips onto me

I sat up real fast and jumped to my feet

"Hi- uh- y-yea I'm ok, just life." I say with a nervous giggle

"I get it, life's a bitch," he gave me a soft smirk

I studied his face, he doesn't look familiar. For the five years I've lived in Brighton I'm surprised I didn't recognize him.

"So uh are you from around here? I don't think I've seen you before," I questioned.

"I've come from the London area, I'm moving to Brighton soon."

"Oh that's cool, I guess I'll see you around then" I say with a smile.

"Yea I guess so."

I leave and enter my car. The water from my clothes started seeping into my car seat.

I start thinking about how that was the worst way to meet someone that nice. I felt bad for making him stand in the rain. I don't think it started raining until he went into the store, he came out looking bummed. I didn't even catch his name, I'm so stupid. I thought about what happen all the way until I got home. I grabbed my stuff and ran inside.

I rushed to take a shower and get all the rain water out of my hair. I debated on doing my night routine but I decided not to. I went and made myself some hot chocolate in the kitchen to warm up. I brought it up to my room and sat on my window. Looking into my neighbors house was mostly empty. The only thing left in there were a few big boxes and a mattress from what I saw in their bedroom. The couple was fully moving out tomorrow. My parental figures where leaving. Of course I'm sad but they're happy to be moving out and I'm happy for them. This just gives me a new chance to meet new people. Hopefully the people that move in next door are somewhat reasonable.

I grab my book to clear my head. Reading the pages carefully, I come to a stop.

What was the mans name?

Word count: 568 words