39

We were both leaned in towards each other. Our hands resting on the table. While we were talking I was fiddling with one of the rings I had on. A soft hand covers mine. I look up to see Wilbur quietly chuckling. I slightly furrowed my eyebrows at him.

I trail his arm with my eyes, starting from his shoulder. As I follow his lengthy arm it ends up at his hand, holding mine.

I tried not making my smile very visible so I looked down.

"I missed you, y/n."

I sit there for a second, butterflies fill my stomach. I didn't know what to say. I didn't think he'd care. I look up to make eye contact with Wilbur.

"I missed you so much Wilbur," our gaze doesn't break. He laughs.

"Your so clingy," my eyes widen and my jaw drops, my smile hasn't disappeared.

"I am not clingy!" I softly punched his shoulder. He chuckles at my rage.

We sit in silence for a bit just getting swallowed by the beauty of our eyes. It's not an awkward silence, rather a comforting one.

"Are you ready to go home? We can invite a couple people over and hang out. I miss everyone," a soft smile turns into a comforting one. I can't turn him down so I nodded.

God, his eyes are so gorgeous.

All of the sudden he starts chuckling.

"Well thank you for the compliment, but I think your eyes are prettier," my whole face goes completely tomato red. I said that OUTLOUD. I finally break eye contact by slamming my head onto the table covering it with my hands. He breaks out in laughter.

"It's ok y/n you don't have to be embarrassed," he chuckles again. "Why don't we invite people over tomorrow so we can just hang out, just the two of us. Would you like that?" Without looking up I nod my head.

I honestly just wanted to be without people right now, Even him, such a bully, but there's still a part of me that never wants to leave his side. So I listened to that part of me.

"Alright let's head home," the warmth from my hand disappears. I look up from the table to see Wilbur throwing his guitar onto his back. I stand up myself and wait for him to gather up all his stuff.

We order a drink to have at home and we walk out the door. It's slightly raining as we step outside.

"Brr it's cold," me teeth start to rattle. I grab my arms and slide my hands up and down rapidly trying to create warmth. "I don't know if I want to go out in the rain Wilbur"

"Is it really that cold?"

"No I'm totally warm," I say sarcastically. He rolls his eyes and takes off his black, puffy jacket and drapes it over my shoulders. I would fight to give it back to him for his own sake but I was freezing.

"Can we leave now?" His voice is sarcastic. Now I'm the one rolling my eyes at him before I start walking towards the car. I hop in the driver before he comes up behind me.

"Get out I'm driving."

"What? No! I wanna drive," he bends down and rests his arms on the roof of the car. Our faces only inches away. I can feel my face start to go pink.

"I said, let me drive," his voice was slow, deep, and weirdly charming.

I don't know what would have happened if I didn't get out and sit passenger. And frankly, I didn't want to find out.

On the way back I texted Viv that they are going to have to get an Uber home since we took they're car. They called me a little whore and sent me a screen shot of the Uber they ordered. I giggled a bit at my phone and set it down.

"Wow it's so beautiful over here. I don't think I've ever taken this route before," I was staring out the window looking at the beautiful green forest surrounding us. The rain water drips off of the leaves.

"It's one of my favorite places to go when I want to clear my head. I wanted you to experience this with me."

I turn to look at him, he has a soft grin on his face. I ignore it and turn back out the window. I feel like I can't look away for longer than seconds.

————

"Hey this isn't the way home?" I turn towards him, he doesn't look back at me. Not a word left his mouth. I turn down the volume of the music. Maybe he didn't hear me. "Where are we going? I thought you wanted to be home?" Still no answer. "Wilbur hellooooo?" I turn the volume off and start waving my hands in front of me to catch his attention. Nothing.

I sigh and lean back in my chair turning back on the music. I begin to close my eyes and focus on the hard hitting rain that has gotten stronger.

"Remember," Wilbur says quietly. Still blankly looking at the road ahead of him.

"Remember? What does that mean?" No response. I roll my eyes and go back to what I was doing.

When I opened my eyes we were in a familiar place, Tescos? My eyebrows furrow. I turn to look at Wilbur, his head stays still but his eyes turn to look at me. A grin forms on his face. His eyes face forward once again as he pulls into a parking space.

The same one I did on the night we met.

He hops out and walks over to my side to open the door. His gentle hand reaches out for me to grab it. I shake my head.

"Wilbur what are you doing? Can we just go home please. It's cold out there."

"Quit being so whiny and dramatic. Come have some fun."

"Fun at Tescos? I don't think so," he rolls his eyes and grabs me by my underarms.

"WILBUR NO STOP ITS COLD!" I wrap the front of my uncovered body with the jacket that is way to big for me. He closes the car door with his hip and finally puts me down. "Ok what do you want now Wilbur," he grabs me by the hand and leads me into the middle of the parking lot. I couldn't help but smile.

He grabs his phone out of his pocket and starts playing a slowed down song.

recommended song for this scene
"Like I'm Gonna Lose You by Jasmine Thompson"

"M'lady," Wilbur smiles and bows down holding out his hand. My heart melts at him. My lips curl into a tender smile.

I place my hand on top of his with a giggle. He stand back up and grabs me by the waist.

"Wilbur I don't know how to dance."

"Of course you don't," he giggles. "Step on my feet."

I hesitate but I eventually do what he says. It makes me a bit taller.

I grab the back of his neck while our hands are still locked. We start slow dancing together. Our movement goes slowly from side to side. Our eyes make contact, I giggle and look down. He chuckles himself and twirls me around to bring me back into a dip.

I quietly giggle and place my forehead on his damp chest.

"You're a very elegant girl y/n l/n."

The butterflies come back. I look up at him and we make eye contact.

"Your very a handsome man Wilbur Gold," the rain makes his hair fall over his eyes.

I use my hand to move the hair to the side of his face, his smile grows bigger.

We stare into each other's eyes for once more moment. Until his grip around my waist grows tighter, pulling me into him more. His hand cups my check and his lips come crashing down onto mine...