31

All my worries fade away when he spots me in the mob of people. He sits down on his chair, we don't break eye contact. He was wearing his translucent glasses, a tan jumper with a white shirt underneath. The collar of the shirt popping out. His sleeves were rolled up a bit revealing naked forearms. His black ripped jeans were spread shoulder length apart, making himself feel more comfortable. Wilburs hands wrap around the guitar and he pulls it closer to him. He had it strapped around his shoulder since coming out behind the door. Our gaze breaks and Wilbur looks around the building looking at his audience. I look down not noticing I had a huge smile on my face. How long has my smile been showing?

I look over at Kai to see how she was doing. She was sitting on the edge of her seat. Her facial expressions reminded me of a kid seeing a lollipop being waved in front of them. Or a dog with their owner teasing them with a bone. I grin and shake my head. I turn my face to look at Viv, they were the opposite to Kai. Slouched back in their chair with their arms crossed. The corners of their lips were slightly tugging upwards.

"Thank you all for coming down tonight. It's been a shitty ride writing this music but you guys seem to like it. Now lets start off with how your evening has been. On the count of three shout out how your doing. Ready? 1,2,3!" The structure rumbled. My ears popped. Everyone had screamed at the top of their lungs. That was definitely unpleasant. I could immediately tell that he instantly regretted it. But his face quickly turned bright again. He's so excited about this. A warm feeling spread through my chest. Seeing him feel so happy made me match his cheery aura. His laughter filled my ears.

"Well for those who aren't above good I hope my performance will turn your mood around," the top row of his teeth were showing. His normal, beautiful smile. Seeing it makes me feel so lucky.

"I would like to start off this party by singing 'I'm in Love With an Egirl' but," he looks at me, we make eye contact once more. Viv puts their hand on my knee and squeezes. They know somethings going on. What's he going to say? "I'm going a have a familiar guest join me. Can everyone give a clap for lovely Y/n!!" My eyes widen. Kai starts streaming and clapping their hands rapidly.

"OH MY GOD Y/N!!" Viv jumps out of there chair and pulls me up. Their face was all lit up with excitement. "GOO!!" They push me up the stairs. I slowly walk towards Wilbur in his chair. I brush the strands on hair behind my ear. Bright lights looking down at me. I put on a nervous grin trying to look calm. He stands up and gives me a small hug. The only thing I can hear is clapping and people screaming my name. The same man that brought out the mic came out and pulled it up to me adjusting it so I could speak into it fine.

"Wow uh hello everyone! Nice seeing all of your faces. I didn't know I was coming up here tonight," I giggle. "Thanks Wilbur," I say sarcastically. He laughs.

"Alright what are we waiting for?" Cheering echoes through the building. He sits down and starts plucking strings. I clutch the microphone in my sweaty hands. The room falls silent. The sound of the strings flys through the air. "Well it's 2:45pm wake up from snoring open dm's," his voice was angelic. Not a surprise. There was no change. It was my cue to jump in. "What's poppinggg," we harmonized our voices. I closed my eyes shut not wanting to make eye contact with anyone. "I'm in love with an. I'm in love with an. I'm in love with an. With an egirl," our voices sounded amazing together. I still don't understand why he wanted me to sing with him. This is his concert. But I can't be worrying about that right now. I need to focus on not messing up. I started to feel the music. It was like a black hole was sucking me in. But into something beautiful. Soon after it was my solo. Shit. I mess up this part every time. This is the reason why I wanted to listen more before we left.

"I wanna be the girl, that you fall asleep on call with. Meanwhile I'll, find other people to talk with. Cause you like me and I think your a maniac," I was doing so well so far. On the spot we decided to act out the next bit. Will and I made eye contact while he was still strumming strings. "Lets skip to the good bit let's completely block all contact," when I said the word contact he stopped strumming and we quickly turned our heads the opposite direction from each other. Symbolizing us breaking contact like the lyrics mentioned. We swiftly looked back at the audience in sync. Beaming lights from the ceiling shined into my eyes. "I'm in love with an. I'm in love with an. I'm in love with an. With an egirl," after the song I bowed and hugged Wilbur. Cheering in the background. He had the biggest smile on his face and quietly said in my ear,

"You did amazing," I hugged tighter and let go. I turned to the audience one last time and blew a kiss into the crowd. I ran off stage to see Viv and Kai. They were at the bottom of the stairs waiting for me, arms out. We had a long group hug and sat back down.

Many songs and alcoholic beverages later it was 11:30. Will finished his last song and gave a final speech, then afterward disappearing into the mysterious door. Two back stage guys came out and grabbed the things left on stage. Such as the chair and microphones.

"Damn that was so good." Viv looks at Kai and I.

"Tell me about it. He's amazing," Kai chimed in. "And you did great Y/n. You guys sounded awesome together. But your voice sounds like a goddess. Your incredible!" She holds my hands in hers. Shes a softie, it's cute.

"Hey," a deep voice says. I look in front of me, Wilbur is sat on the edge of the stage. His long legs dangling in my face. "Did you like the show?" He lifts up his index finger and places it on the bridge of his glasses, pushing them up. His tender smile is contagious. I started smiling like a maniac.

"Are you kidding? It was great, you did such a good job! But pulling that surprise attack on me was a dick move. What if I didn't know the lyrics?"

"Oh I knew you would. That one day when all four of us went out I saw you sleeping in your chair with my music playing. You must've fallin asleep to my voice," I could tell his insides were melting. He seemed so fragile. My cheeks lightly turn pink from embarrassment.

"Uh yeah, I didn't know many of your songs so I wanted to learn them. I've spent the past few days trying to learn the lyrics. Viv and I know them by heart now," I smirk and look at them, they were taking big sips of their drink. "Are you trying to get wasted? We have to drive back you know."

"We can call an Uber," they groan. Wilbur and I giggle at them. Their already drunk.

"I can drive you guys home! I haven't had any alcohol and I'm a very good driver," Kai speaks up. I could tell she was in total shock to see all three of us here. I mean if I was a big fan of a few people and they were in front of me I would too.

"Yes that's perfect Kai, thank you," I reply. She nods her head proudly. Will gives me a confused look. "I'll tell you later. Wanna get a drink? You earned it."

"Fuck yeah!" He jumps off the stage and grabs my hand to pull me up. "Your so short. How can all your organs fit in such a small body?" He puts his arm on my head and used it as an arm rest.

"No your just tall," I push his arm off. He scoffs. His hand touches my back and carefully pushes me foreword towards the bar. Probably half the people had left from the time Viv and I arrived. It was nice to be able to walk again. His hand works it's way from my back to the opposite shoulder Wilbur was on. He pulled me close. His warmth from his arm on the back of my neck gave me shivers. Butterflies filled my stomach, the good ones. I looked at him with a small grin. He returns one back. I wrap my arm around his torso. Er- try to...