36

"Listen," Viv holds my shoulders trying to make eye contact with me but I'm to busy checking myself out in the mirror. "You look beautiful, you need to stop worrying," they let go of me and just stand to my side. I stare at my black, skin tight dress that's pressed against my figure. My hands run down the sides of my body. I turn around to look at my ass. My eyes trace up to my back to see if it's fitting right.

"I don't know Viv, I look so fat in this dress, my ass looks flat as fuck, my skin tone is so light. Wilbur won't be attracted to this mess," I sigh in defeat and lean against the wall behind me. Looking at us through the mirror.

"You should see yourself through my eyes Y/n. Your gorgeous and incredibly sexy. And I'm telling you, he's already fallen for you. He won't care either way."

"Thank you Viv I love you," I turn towards them and give a small embrace. "You did really good on the makeup and hair again. I forgot to tell you. Without it I would look like a gremlin," I giggle nervously. They grin and I pull them out of the bathroom. "I don't know if I'm ready Viv. I feel so nervous. So much more then the first time. My palms are so sweaty see," I hold out my hands for Viv to feel.

"Ew!"

"I know. My chest is like tight? And oh my god not to mention the butterflies. Not the kind you get when looking into Wilburs eyes either."

"Look, I get your nervous. You have to go by yourself this time. But doesn't mean you can't do this. I believe in you. Your such a strong girl you can get through anything," that made me feel a lot better. After more of a pep talk I felt less anxious.

Before we knew it, it was time to go. I finished putting on my jewelry and we hopped into the car. "Here's a toilet kit," I playfully roll my eyes while taking it. I reapply lipgloss to my lips using the small mirror the vehicle provides. "Ready?" Viv turns to me.

"Ready."

————

"You got this. Use the breathing exercises I taught you ok?" I nod my head. "I'm going to the pub down the road. I'll walk in case u need the car for something alright?"

"Ok be safe."

"You too. Now go kiss that boy already," they smile at me and playfully give my shoulder a push. I shake my head and smile, leaving the car. I stand still and take a deep breath. It's ok, I tell myself. I open the door to the building Wilbur was performing in. I step inside and I can already tell there isn't as many people as before, but still crowded. It was a lot bigger than the pub before. I look around the room trying to see if I could recognize anyone there. By anyone I mean Wilbur. I was really just looking for Wilbur, but I couldn't see him. He was probably behind the stage drapes.

I look at my ticket to find my seat. It was towards the back so I could barely see the stage from all the tall people in front of me. I pull out my phone while checking my socials. My leg starts bouncing anxiously.

Suddenly, lights brighten. They aren't colorful like the one before. Just plain white, but I wasn't complaining. A lanky, towering body came out from a small curtain. His yellow jumper sticking out like a sore thumb. Another pair of black jeans covering his long legs. His hair springing up and down as he walks towards the stool. As his bum touches the seat he brushes his hair out of his eyes with his big veiny hands. The grin on his face turns into a smile as he looks out into the mob of people. His brown eyes were shimmering in the light of the lit up stage. He skimmed over the people kinda looking like he was expecting to see someone. The dark brown eyes lock with mine. A massive smile appears on my face. His grew bigger, I didn't think he could smile that big. The tips of his ears become pink, he looks down brushing hair onto his face trying to hide the fact that he was blushing. The beaming smile doesn't go anywhere.

"Uh hello everyone," he says after a nervous cough giggle? I don't really know what it was. "Thank you all for coming down tonight-," he got interrupted by a fan whooping. He stops and laughs. "Good timing," another laugh leaves his lips. His soft pink lips. "Well I would like to start off our night by singing a song I wrote called 'Maybe I was Boring' from my album 'Maybe I was Boring'," he laughed. "But if you know the lyrics, I want you to sing along at the end. The bit where it says "Why can't he just bore me to death" I want us to alternate lines. I go then you." People shout in response. "Alright, everyone ready?" More shouts call back to him. "He never had cool stories. He doesn't make your heart beat."

"Oh why can't he just bore me to death," he looks out to crowd with a smile.

"Why can't he just bore me to death," we all sing back. That whole time he specifically looked at me the whole time. My face lights up a bright pink. My embarrassment overcame me when realizing I was being watched while singing one of my favorites songs. His tender smile turned into a grin trying to wipe the overly happiness off his face. He doesn't want to become suspicious I'm pretty sure. Sounds like Wilbur. "Woo! Oh why can't he just bore me to death," he nods his head as the crowd sings back. "Oh why can't he just bore me to death," the last bit blends into the silenced room. The echo of his excited laugh rings through my ears. Then a loud roar of clapping overcame all other noises. I stand up and join the rest. He has a soft look of proud spread across his face. I'm so happy for him.