29

My consciousness comes back to the smell of bacon lingering in my room. I groan not wanting to open my sleepy eyes. I roll onto my back and shape my hands into fists to rub them awake. After looking around the room I sit up. Hard pitter patter sounds hit the roof above me. I look out into the world to see rain specks latching onto the window. Some racing to get to the bottom of the glass as fast as it can.

Viv isn't next to me. Which would explain why my house smells like breakfast and loud muffled rock music playing from downstairs. I slip on my ash gray bunny slippers and make my way into the bathroom. I look at my messy self in the mirror and scratch my chaotic hair. I leave the bathroom not wanting to deal with myself just yet. I decided to go greet Viv downstairs. The blasting music gets louder and louder as I get closer to the kitchen.

"VIV!" I yell, no response. I finally enter the kitchen to see her dancing while flipping pancakes. "VIVIAN!" They don't hear me. I rolled my eyes and walked over to the speaker shutting it off.

"Oh! Good morning! When did you wake up? I didn't hear you come downstairs."

"I wonder why," I make my way over to the table and sit down pulling out my phone.

"I'm making bacon, pancakes, and sausage if you want some."

"Yeah that sounds good. I could smell the bacon from upstairs. Smells delicious."

"Of course it does. It's food," we both giggle. "Would you want to invite Wilbur over? I have enough ingredients to make more."

"You mean the ingredients that belong to me, in my house," I laugh at my joke. They shake their head and chuckle along with me. "Um I don't know, I'm not sure what's going on with us right now," I finish the question that they asked me.

"Yeah, what's going on between you?" They come over and sit on the other side of the table. "I could have sworn you guys were kissing at the park." I give them a half smile and look down. Remembering that amazing moment we had together. But then the shit that happened afterwards.

"Uh, yeah, um we weren't kissing... yet," I say the last part really quietly so they wouldn't hear. "We were close though. If you guys weren't ready to leave yet then we would have, maybe. I don't know. It was probably just in the moment. There's no chance he actually wanted to get that close to me. I really would have liked to kiss him though," my voice is light and tender. "Ever since then he's been really awkward and quiet around me. I don't know what to do."

"Damn, man I am so sorry I didn't mean to ruin anything. I thought you guys were already at it. I apologize."

"I would like to say it's ok but I hate not knowing what's going on. I don't care if he doesn't like me ba-" I quickly stop my sentence. "I mean I do care if he doesn't like me back but I'll eventually get over him. I really really don't want to lose him as a pal."

"Yeah I get it. He's a really good guy and I know you like him deeply. How about you get him over here so we can hang out yeah?" They come over and pull me out of my chair and softly pushes me to the door.

"Ok ok I'm going," I start my run to Wills house so I wouldn't get soaked in the rain.

"Hello?" Another housemate answers the door. It's not David this time.

"Uh hi is Will home?"

"Sorry love he's on his way to his first stop for the tour he's going on. I'm sure he told you about it." I heart drops and I start to sweat.

"Oh uh y-yeah uh I'm um going to go now. Sorry" I sprinted home as fast as I could. I could feel his eyes follow me all the way home. I grab the handle and swing the door open.

"He's gone," my sad voice cracks. Viv turns to me with a deathly shocking face.

"W-what?" They say as I run passed them and up the stairs. Jumping two steps at a time. I make it into my bedroom and I dashed over to my night table. I look at the ticket sat on it. He was right. Today's his first gig. Shit shit shit shit. I fall onto my knees. Tonight is the last time I'm going to see him in a month. Viv comes rushing into the door. I look at them with tears in my eyes. I hold up the ticket and they give a huge sigh of relief. They drop to their knees and put their hands to their mouth.

"I really thought he died. You scared me to death Y/n."

"Sorry," I say with a sniffle. They come over and give me a large embrace. I look at the time. It's 12:30pm, the performance is at 10:00pm. I swiftly stopped crying at the cozying comfort Viv gives me.

"Im fucked," I giggle.

"Who fucked you?" I laugh and pull away from the hug.

"I barely know any of Wilburs songs," I laugh harder at myself. They facepalm.

"Y/n! You are in love with this boy and you don't know any of his songs?!" My laugher immediately stops. In love? Did they say in love?

"Uh y-yeah," I let out a nervous giggle. I'm not in love with him am I? No surely not.

"Well what are we waiting for cmon dumbass!" They pull me off the ground and takes me into the bathroom. They grab the spare speaker from the cabinet and put it on the counter hooking it up to their phone. I still couldn't get over the fact they said in love. There's no way. There's just no possible way.

"Siri play songs by Wilbur Soot."

"How do you know his internet name?"

"I've tuned into a few streams," I gave them a confused look. "What I can't support my friends?" They giggle and I roll my eyes. A song by the name of "I'm in love with an girl" starts playing. It's really good. Only if it was about me. Viv and I start dancing along with the music. Every worry slips my head. Only Wilburs music flows through my head.

A playlist was playing on loop for hours. We knew most of the song's lyrics. My favorite song from him is definitely "Internet Ruined Me" and "Your sister was right". We danced and sang and hummed and laughed. It was a good time. This gave me another reason to love him- no I didn't just- no no no. Another reason to like him. I don't love him. Viv put that in my head. Stop thinking that. I flip over my phone that was faced down to look at the time, 4:00. Six more hours...