15: morning after & texts

*Charli POV*

The smell of bacon wafting through the door woke me up. I rolled over to see the bed empty beside me.

My eyes flickered to the clock on the side table, which read 2:54.

Zayn has always been an earlier riser than I am; and by that, I mean he usually wakes up around midday, whereas I usually wake up around dinnertime.

How can he be awake? It's too early.

"Ugh," I groaned, rolling towards the edge of the bed. I flipped my feet off the side and hissed as they touched the cold floor. "Fuck."

I stood up and made my way towards the door, stumbling over my shoes. "Fuck!"

"Charli's awake!" a deep voice chuckled from the living room.

"Morning, sunshine!" the chipper Irish accent rang through the kitchen. I stepped into the small room and grumbled as I made my way over to Zayn.

"Morning, love!" he smiled, wrapping an arm around my waist and leaning down to kiss my nose.

"Hi," I murmured, a smile forming across my face. "It smells good in here."

"It better," Harry laughed, turning around and walking towards the table, placing a plate with a few pieces of bacon down beside a bowl of scrambled eggs. "I've been cooking for an hour now! I barely have anything to show of it."

"Um, Haz, are you sure about that?" I looked down at the almost empty plate.

"Positive," he bit his bottom lip, tilting his head towards Niall, who was now digging into the bowl of eggs. "Niall, they're supposed to be for everyone."

"Oh, this wasn't just for me?" he frowned. "Could you make more?"

A sigh escaped Harry's lips, as he walked towards the fridge, pulling out another package of bacon and the half empty carton of eggs. "Ni, what I'm making now is for the rest of us."

"Deal!" the blonde mumbled through a mouthful of eggs. "Did you happen to make any toast, Haz?"

A glare was sent his way, "Are you kid-"

"I'll do it, thanks Hazzy," I walked towards the toaster and slid four slices of bread into it, pressing the lever down on the device. They popped up a minute later, the perfect shade of golden brown. I buttered them, and put them on a plate, handing it to the blonde pig. "How long have you guys been awake for?"

"I've been up since 11, Zayn got up shortly after me, and Niall has been up since he smelt the food cooking."

"That's one hundred percent accurate. I probably would've been still sleeping, but who can turn down homemade breakfast!?"

"Well, most people are able to sleep through such things, and only awake when they're called," Zayn laughed, sitting down at the table. "Speaking of still sleeping-"

"Sleeping Beauty and the Aussie are still passed out in the guest room," Niall chuckled to himself, taking another spoonful of eggs and shoving it into his mouth. "I nominate Charli to wake them. She's her best friend."

"Brooke's still here?" I asked as I left the kitchen and made my way down the hallway to the guest room. I lightly knocked three times and waited.

Silence.

Knock, knock, knock.

More silence.

I turned the knob and peeked my head through the door. My eyes went wide, seeing the two lying naked on top of the bed. I slammed the door shut, and ran back to the kitchen.