41: walking in

*Charli POV*

"So, what's going on between you two?" I asked, looking between the blonde and brunette that joined me on my bed. "Are you two a thing yet?"

"Charli!" Georgia shrieked. "You can't just come out and ask that."

"Well, it looks like I did. So spill. Are you two dating yet?"

She looked at Niall who simply winked, causing her to blush.

"She's not going to answer you, but yeah we are. Why?"

"Just curious. That's good though. I think you'll be good for each other."

"Kind of like you and Harry?" Niall asked in a somewhat serious tone.

"What do you mean?"

"Oh, come on," he groaned. "You and Hazza. You're obviously attracted to each other."

"What? No we're not," I denied. "Well, I'm not."

"Yeah, you are. Look, you may not see it, but I can tell."

I just rolled my eyes and turned over. There's no use in fighting this. Niall is very stubborn, and has his mind made up.

"Ni, can I have some time alone with Charli? I'll come back in when I'm done."

"I'm gonna go have a swim. Meet me down there?"

The bed shifted when he stood from it, and I heard the door shut behind him.

We laid silently, just the sound of breathing filling the room before Georgia decided to speak, "Char, I'm sorry about Niall."

"You shouldn't have to be sorry for him."

"At least we know it's not only me who sees it though, right?"

"Guess not. I just don't know what to do, Georgia."

"What are you so confused about?"

"Everything, to be honest," I turned to face her, with a frown back on my face. "I shouldn't feel anything towards him. But, this morning when he accidentally kissed me, the only thing I wanted to do was kiss him back. But he pulled away and the took off; and now I don't know what to think."

"I think you need to just come to terms that you two like each other. It's clear that he likes you. Like a lot. You know he does. And if you're now starting to feel the same way, I think maybe you need to tell him," she had a sincerity to her voice that I hadn't heard in quite some time. "I know that you probably don't want to, and it'll be extremely awkward, but it needs to happen."

"I wouldn't even know where to begin," I sigh loudly.

"Maybe just start off by being honest. He can't be mad at you for that."

"But what would I even say? 'Hey Harry, lately I haven't been able to stop thinking about you and I don't quite know what it means. And when you kissed me this morning, I didn't want you to stop? Oh, and I might like you?'"

"You what?"

My eyes widened as I slowly looked towards the voice, seeing Harry standing in the doorway.

"H- Harry. How long have you been standing there f-for?" Shit. Now is not the time to get nervous.

"A minute?" he shrugged and took off his top shirt, leaving his tee on. "Did I hear that right?"

"Um, I'm just going to slip out," Georgia mumbled, and stood up from the bed. Her expression was full of sorrow as she head to the door.

I begged her with my eyes no to leave. I wasn't ready for this. Hell, I don't think I would ever be ready for this. My best friend just found out I may have feelings for him, and now I'm going to lose him. I've just ruined everything.