45: change is good

*Charli POV*

After leaving the salon with a new haircut, I felt like a new person. I had chopped most of it off, letting it go just slightly shorter than my shoulders.

Maggie constantly said things to push Harry's buttons, and it worked every single time.

She started out with the whole shaving my head thing. Harry begged me not to let her do it, and I couldn't help but laugh at him. Of course I was never going to shave my head, but I can joke about it, can't I?

Another time, she told me I had to go to her bachelorette party. She said she was having several strippers show up, and Harry instantly cut in saying that strippers are degrading and I wouldn't be going.

The final straw was when she mentioned that Carter had a younger brother who was around my age, and she could set me up with him. Harry stood up and yet again cut in, telling her that I wasn't looking for anyone and that she needed to back off.

I looked up at her and rolled my eyes, "Okay Mags, enough with the torture. He's probably going to have a heart attack and it'll be your fault."

She just giggled to herself and finished up with my haircut, quickly drying and styling it.

Once we got outside, I took Harry's hand in mine and dragged him around the corner, going in the opposite direction from the car.

"Where are you taking me? We parked just back there," he groaned and threw his hand over his shoulder, pointing his thumb behind him.

"Just relax. I'm not going to kill you," I laughed and pulled him into Starbucks.

"Seriously? Why wouldn't you just tell me this is where we were going?"

"I don't know?" I shrugged and pulled him into the line.

"Next please!" the girl called out.

I dragged him up with me and smiled at the girl. "Hi! Can I get a venti passion tea lemonade, and a venti peach green tea lemonade please?"

She nodded and quickly grabbed two cups, labeling them before looking up at me, "Can I get a name for them?"

"Charli for the passion tea, Harry for the green tea."

Harry rolled his eyes and pulled his wallet out, and I smacked his hand away, digging into my purse for my wallet.

"I've got this," he mumbled.

"I'm sure you do, but I dragged you here do it's my treat," I smiled and handed the girl a £10 note before heading to the pick up area.

Harry groaned and slumped against the wall behind me. I laughed and gave him a nudge with my elbow, "What's gotten you so grumpy?"

"I could've paid for them."

"You paid yesterday. For everything. Even though I told you no, you insisted and I never pouted."

"So? Maybe I just like to pay for you."

"You can pay next time if it means so much, okay you big baby?" I assured, taking his hand back in mine.

"Fine," he fake huffed, but leaned in and quickly kissed my lips. His eyes widened as he pulled away and mumbled a few choice curse words before leaning back on the wall. "Shit."

"Relax. There's no one here to see, we're in a weird part of town no one we know would come to," I assured him, and gently rubbed his hand with mine.

"I have a peach green tea lemonade for Harry, and a passion tea lemonade for Charli?" a male called from behind the counter.

I stood up and grabbed the two drinks, handing Harry his, as he took my hand in his free one and led me out of the coffee shop.