bonus: announcements

• c h a r l i •

I couldn't be bothered to change out of my robe after my shower, so I made my way towards the kitchen. I stood leaning in the doorway of the room, watching Harry run around like a chicken with its head cut off. He had managed to make an abundance of food, which I know I'll be thankful for come midnight - unless everyone is still over.

His hair was messily tossed into a bun, and he had flour somehow on the back of his black tee. He had ditched his jeans and thrown on a pair of black shorts, which also had flour on them.

"What all did you do when I was in the shower? Because an hour ago you weren't this messy."

Harry jumps slightly at my words, and spins on the spot. He sends me a dimpled grin before returning his attention to the delicious scents.

It's a mixture between chocolate and marinara sauce. Not usually appealing, but I'm finding it extremely appetizing.

"What did you make?" I question, taking a step into the room.

"This lasagna is almost ready. It's got about ten minutes left. While the noodles were cooking, I baked some chocolate chip cookies, obviously your favourite."

"You're good, Styles," I hum, my eyes darting over to the dessert cooling on a rack off to the side of the room.

"Don't you even think about stealing one," he points and gives me a playful glare before wiping his hands on the Superman apron he insisted on buying. He pulls it off and hangs it in the closet next to the fridge and faces me. "I need to have a shower now though. Would you turn the oven off in ten minutes?"

I nod and watch him make his way towards the door, stopping and giving me a quick peck on the lips.

"Don't have any cookies either. I know how many there are."

"You're no fun," I huff, crossing my arms over my chest.

"There's six chocolate cupcakes with cream cheese frosting in the fridge. Those are for you to eat whenever you want."

I take my lower lip between my teeth and grin, watching him head into the bathroom. I hear the door shut, and I rush over to the fridge, pulling out one of the cupcakes from the top shelf. I stare at it in awe, before taking a bite.

A loud moan is released, and my let the cake sit in my mouth for probably too long before chewing it. It tastes just like heaven, and is probably one of the best cupcakes I've ever had. I finish the one, plus another two more after before shutting the oven off.

I take a stack of plates from the cupboard and line the dining room table with them, placing flatware besides each setting.

I dig through the filled pantry for my hidden bottle of ginger ale. Something I stashed here while we were moving things in.

Other than our wedding night, tonight will be the second night in this house together. We decided we didn't want to live here until we were married, having only snagged it off the market at the beginning of August.

It was simple and cute. The moment we stepped inside, we knew this was the house for us. Once we signed all the papers and were given the keys to move in, we started packing everything.

Harry's room in his mum's house still had things in it, but we took most of the necessities from it, along with a majority of things from my grandparent's house in the beginning of September.

The Wednesday before the wedding, Harry came home from work and asked if I wanted to go grocery shopping for the new place. We ended up filling one trolley with essentials, while a second one was filled with things we saw and couldn't say no to.