epilogue

Please read the A/N at the end.
This is the FINAL chapter!!

*Charli POV*

Thursday May 24, 2012

My phone pulled me from my slumber, making me grumble to myself. I rolled over and picked up the device, seeing the picture I took of Harry popping up on the screen. I bit my lip and swiped to accept the call, putting the phone up to my ear.

"Hi baby," I mumbled sleepily into the device. I was met with silence, making me pull the phone away to see if the call had disconnected. The time continued to count, so I placed the phone back against my ear. "Harry?"

"Happy birthday, princess," he greeted seconds later, making my smile double in size. "I had to wait for it to flip to your actual birthday. I wanted to be the first person to say happy birthday."

"You're too sweet Harry," I felt myself blushing at his words. I curled back up under the covers with a grin on my face, and the phone pressed between my ear and the pillow. "Thank you."

"Can you come open the front door?"

"What?" I ask groggily, sitting up in bed and rubbing my palm against my eyes.

"Your front door. Can you come open it please?"

"Why?" I ask once more, groaning as I stretch my legs

"Baby please, I don't want you to question it. Just please open the front door," he begs, making me roll my eyes in humour. I stand and open the familiar bedroom door at my grandparent's house, heading to the stairs and taking them two steps at a time.

"What's so important that I open the door at midnight?" I mumble, flicking the lock open and turning the doorknob. It's pulled open to reveal my boyfriend standing in front of me with a bouquet of red roses in his hand.

My jaw falls open in shock, before I drop my phone on the floor and lunge at him, jumping up and wrapping my arms around him. He lifts me off the floor and spins me around.

"Harry, they're beautiful," I grinned, quickly giving him a kiss. "You didn't have to."

"No, but I wanted to. You're my girlfriend, of course I'm going to do this," he places me back down on the ground, placing a lingering kiss to my forehead.

"I love you," we both confess at the same time. I'll never get sick of hearing him say that. It sucks that it had to come to the accident for me to realize how good he is for me, but I know we're definitely meant to be together.

Harry kneels down and picks up my phone to hand back to me, before taking my hand and leading me into the kitchen. The lights are flipped on and the roses are unwrapped from their packaging.

He puts them in the empty vase sitting on the counter, filling it with water and setting them back down.

"I can't believe you did this."

"Anything for you," he admits, smiling down at me before leaning in to meet my lips in a soft kiss. I pull back and swiftly bury myself in his chest, looking over at the flowers.

My hand came out, and I delicately skimmed my fingertips across the petals. One stood out, and I pulled it out of the water, noticing it was a fake rose.

"What's this?" I ask through furrowed brows and confusion.

"It's a promise. That I'll love you until the last petal falls off the final rose."

"But the petals won't fall off this one," I mumble, looking down at it.

"Exactly. The last petal won't ever fall, because I'll never stop loving you as long as I'm alive, Charli."