30: phone conversations

*Charli POV*

I woke up and reached for my phone. At some point during the night I must have turned it off, not wanting to see any messages that he may send.

I looked up at the clock and saw that it was after five in the afternoon. I quickly rolled over and nudged Harry gently.

"Whaaaat," he whined. "I don't want to get up yet, mum."

"Harold, I'm not your mother," I sat up, looking down at him.

His eyes opened and he looked up, embarrassment spreading across his face. "Oh, um. Sorry Charli."

"It's after five. Don't you have a show tonight?"

"Yes, but I'm not going."

"Harry, you have to go."

"I don't, and I won't be. You can't make me."

"No, but maybe one of the guys can."

"No one can. I'm staying here, we're going back to sleep, end of story," he groaned. A hand came up and pulled me back down to the bed, as he quickly wrapped his arms back around me.

I shut my eyes and hoped that sleep would take over me. I laid silently as I listened to the sound of our breathing.

A buzzing noise distracted me, and I poked his arm, "Harry, what is that?"

He groaned and reached around to the table on the other side of the bed and grabbed his phone. "It's just Louis calling. Sorry, I'll shut it off."

"No, answer him."

"We're sleeping."

"I don't care, sleep can wait. Answer it."

He let out a loud groan before swiping his finger across the screen and pressing the device against his ear, "Hey boobear."

I couldn't help but let out a giggle when he called him that.

"Yeah, I'm sleeping. No. No, I'm not coming tonight."

"Harry, yes you are."

He gave me a stern look and continued his conversation, "Look Louis, I'm not coming. I'm sorry. I have plans tonight and it doesn't include performing."

"Harry..."

"Lou, one minute," he pulled the phone away from his ear and pressed mute. "Charli, I don't want to go tonight, because I won't be able to contain my anger towards that fucking asshole. I don't want to do something I'm going to regret, and I know if I go, that something's going to happen. Please, just drop it."

"Harry..." I met his gaze. His eyes were a darker shade of forest green, frustration clouding the usual brightness. I felt extremely bad that I caused this problem with him, but I never asked him to be a part of it. "What if I go with you? I'll wait in the car, and then when you're done we can leave."

He looked thoughtful for a minute, before sighing. "I don't want to be around him."

"Neither do I, but please don't let this ruin what you've got with the band."

He rolled his eyes, causing me to smack him. "Whatever."

"Put him on speaker, I want to say hi."

"Fine," he groaned and pressed speaker, and took the call off mute. "Hey Lou, sorry."

"That's okay mate. Listen, I really think you should come tonight. I don't know why you're not up for it, but it would be great if you came out."