25: together, we are trouble

*Charli POV*

Georgia looked stronger than she actually was, so I was easily able to knock her off of Niall's shoulders within seconds.

I don't know if she just didn't try by the end of it, but it was over and done with within a minute. Now it's down to the finals.

Harry and Sophia versus Louis and myself.

"Same plan, Charli," Louis laughed as he watched Sophia prop herself up and get onto Harrys shoulders. "This will be so much easier. You won't even have to try with Haz."

"What do you mean?" I asked, looking down at the brunette whose blue eyes were staring up at me.

"You won't even have to do much to make him nervous," he chuckled. "He's clearly-"

I frowned when he stopped talking, "Clearly what, Lou?"

"Nothing, forget I said anything. Let's just win this battle already, shall we?"

"Lou..."

"Yes, Charli?"

"What are you saying?" I pouted. "What were you getting at saying 'he's clearly...'. He's clearly what?"

"Charli, I said forget about it, don't worry," his eyes softened and he looked at me as if pleading to say 'drop it'. "I'll talk to you about it later."

"I'll hold you to that, Lewis."

"Charli! What did I say about calling me that?"

I laughed silently, because if he really wanted to irritate me, he'd call me by my real name. He'd call me Charlotte. But he doesn't know that name.

I was thankful that only a handful of people actually knew that was my name. Hell, Brooke only found out last year that Charli wasn't my given name. Of course, she flipped out and yelled asking me how I could keep such a big secret from her.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when two hands clapped themselves in front of my face. "Earth to Charli!"

I blinked a few times to see the pretty brunette in front of me, clapping her hands at my eye level. "You in there? Wake up girl!" she giggled, placing her hands on her hips.

"Sorry! I was just thinking about something..." I sighed. She gave me a quizzical look for a split second, and then she smiled at me.

Sophia is one of those people that is always happy, even when the worst things seem to be happening around her. She always has a smile on her face. The thought of her being happy made me smile back.

"Shall we begin?" the curly haired boy chuckled from below her.

"Haz, I hope you know that you won't be winning this battle," Louis laughed at his lifelong friend. "You're going down Curly."

"Nice try, Tommo. You're not gonna win with just a few measly words thrown at me," he deeply chuckled, making Sophia shake slightly.

"I may not win that way, but I've got a secret weapon up my sleeve!"

"And what is tha-"

Louis shuffled below me and I wobbled on his shoulders. His leg shot out and kicked Harry's, making him stumble and fall backwards into the water.

Louis started jumping up and down while cheering, "We won Charli! We won!"

His celebration was cut short when Niall yelled at him from the side of the pool, "That doesn't count Lou! The person on top has to be the one to knock them down!"

"So that means you're disqualified!" Georgia added, giggling when Niall wrapped an arm around her shoulders and nodded his head furiously in agreement.