16: sleepovers & spice girls

*Charli POV*

"Stop right now, thank you very much!" I sang at the top of my lungs.

"I need somebody with a human touch!" Brooke sang back.

"Girls, please keep it down!" Gramps shouted from the family room. "We're trying to watch a movie."

"Sorry!" we shouted simultaneously.

I took a spoonful of cookie dough and shoved it into my mouth. "This is the best we've ever made, Brooke!"

"I know!" she mumbled. "Let's take this upstairs, so we don't have to worry about being loud and disturbing those two."

"Great idea!" I cheered, grabbing my bowl and taking off towards the staircase.

"Char wait for me!"

"Hurry up, you slowpoke."

Loud footsteps were heard pounding up the stairs when I reached the top. "Took you long enough," I snickered.

"I had to grab drinks too!" she laughed, holding a case of soda in one hand, and her bowl in the other hand. "We may possibly die without drinking anything."

"Highly unlikely, but please hurry."

"We have an entire night. No need to rush."

"Fine," I stomped off and walked into my room. I set the bowl of cookie dough on my bedside table, and picked up my phone from it.

Zayn - Missed Call

Peach - Missed Call (3)

1 New Voicemail

6 new messages

Brooke walked into the room and set the case of soda on the floor and laughed, "Bored of me already?"

"No, I'm just apparently popular."

"Tell that to the people we went to school with," she flopped down on the bed. "Peach again?"

"Yeah," I sighed and sat down beside her. I dialed my voicemail and placed the phone up to my ear, waiting for the message to start.

Hi Charli! So, my flight leaves here at ten in the morning, my time. I managed to get a direct flight so I don't have to worry about any layovers, because they seriously suck! Anyways, I can't wait to see all of you - You, Gram and Gramps! There are so many things I want to talk to you about, and I can't wait to catch up with you! I miss you, baby sis. See you soon! Love you.

"What'd she have to say?" Brooke queried.

"She's leaving Toronto at ten am, her time. She said she couldn't wait to catch up. She apparently has lots to tell me," I rolled my eyes and sighed again. "I'm not ready for her to come, Brooke."

"Aw babe, it'll be okay. I'm gonna be there, so I can stop any awkwardness she brings up," she smiled, pulling me into a hug. "Now, if you don't mind, I'm going to go take a shower, because I didn't get one today. Your boyfriend hogged all the hot water at his place."

I laughed and nodded, "Okay. Don't use all of ours here, I need to have one too, bitch."

She flipped me off before walking into my closet. I picked up my phone and opened the messages.

From Peach: Charli I tried calling. Why don't you answer your phone? xx 🍑

From Peach: Charli, I tried to call again. Are you ignoring my calls? xx 🍑