55: the truth hurts

*Charli POV*

"Eh, Zayn. Come 'ere for a minute, will ya?" Harry shout across the fire, seeing the brunette stand and make his way over. "Sit will you?"

He nodded and cautiously sat down next to us, not making eye contact with either of us.

"What's up buddy?" Harry asked, reaching an arm out a punching him in what looked to be a playful manner, but knowing there was definitely more force to it. "Having fun on this trip?"

"Yeah man, it's good," Zayn mumbled, looking over at Harry. "What did you need?"

"Oh, I just wanted to have a chat," Harry smiled slyly. "Wanted to clear up a few things that were just brought to the surface."

"Okay...?"

"Harry... please don't do this," I begged, reaching for his hand and holding onto it tightly. "Don't."

"No, no. It's fine, love," he mumbled, turning back to the other boy. "So, I'm just curious. Was it your plan to lie to Charli, or did it just work out for you?"

"I'm sorry, what?" Zayn's brows furrowed as he stared at the curly haired guy in front of him.

"Harry, just stop please," I begged again.

"Was it your plan to lie to her? About everything in your relationship?"

"I'm sorry, but what went on between us isn't really any of your business."

"When something bad happens that has something to do with my girlfriend, it automatically becomes my business," Harry spat. "Like when you lie to her about you having been a virgin wen you met?"

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me."

"Look, my personal matters don't need to be discussed with you."

"Well then, seeing as it was about me, care to explain?" I asked, looking up at him. "Care to explain why you lied to me? You slept with Perrie before we even met, Zayn. You lied to me about having never been with anyone before. How could you think that was okay!?"

"It didn't really come across to me as something wrong."

"How could you not think anything about that was wrong?" I hissed, sending him a hard glare. "You lied about something so personal. You practically stole my virginity; it's something I'll never get back. It's something that I thought I shared with you but it turns out that it was just another thing you were lying about. What else were you lying about? Twenty pounds says you didn't actually love me."

"Look, I wasn't lying when I said I loved you."

"Bullshit," Harry cut in. "If you could lie about something that big, you could lie about loving her."

"Harry, shush," I squeezed his hand tightly. He sighed and squeezed my hand, gently running his fingers across my knuckles.

"Look, I technically never lied about it. You just asked and I never said I wasn't."

"You lead me to assume you were Zayn!" I raised my voice. "I can't ever take that back. I wish I could though. I wish I could take back everything I gave to you, knowing that everything you gave back was just a lie.

"I wish you would've had the balls to be a man and just tell me straight up. But to find out from your new girlfriend - the one you cheated on me with - that she was your first, just disgusts me."

"How could you just play with Charli's emotions like that, Zayn? You never seemed like that kind of guy," Harry said quietly. "Love isn't a game."

"What, are you mad that I won, Harry?" Zayn smirked deviously. "Are you mad that I took what you couldn't get? Are you mad that you've been pining over her for years on end, only to lose everything you've ever wanted to me?"