18: pickups & introductions

*Charli POV*

Toronto - On Time - Arrival at 22:25 - Air Canada

My phone beeped, and I looked down at the screen to see a text from the blonde devil herself.

From Peach: Caught a tailwind. I'm at customs now, see you soon Charlotte! xx 🍑

"Shit! She's already at customs," I groaned, grabbing Brooke's hand and dragged her towards the customs gate. "She's on the other side of that door right there."

"Thanks for letting me know you were leaving!" Harry scrunched his face up as he looked at us. "Are you ready for her?"

"Is anybody ever ready for her?" Brooke asked, humour floating through her voice.

"No but-" the door opened, and an elderly man walked through. I sighed, and peeked around the room, searching for a mess of blonde hair somewhere in the crowd. The door shut, and I sighed.

"Don't stress, Charli," Harry sighed, wrapping a comforting arm around my shoulder. I rested my head on his chest and sighed. "Honestly, maybe she's not the same person as she was when she left. Maybe this trip did her some good?"

"Maybe."

The door opened again, a blonde woman walked through. My eyes perked up and I put a fake smile on my face. I looked at the woman and my smile dropped. This woman was not my sister.

My phone beeped at an incoming message, and I looked down at it.

From Peach: I'm just finishing up. See you in a minute! xx 🍑

"She's coming any time now," I groaned, an annoyed frown appearing on my face. "I just want her to get here, so I can get the initial annoyance out of the way. Is that too much to ask?" I looked up at Harry, and he shook his head.

"No."

The door opened again, and a brunette girl walked through the doors. I rolled my eyes, "She's probably purposely taking forever, knowing that I'm waiting here."

"Charlotte!" A voice rang throughout the small waiting area. Her voice was the same. My eyes shot up to the door, which was still shut. I sighed again, and noticed the brunette girl was running over, flailing her arms in front of herself. "Hi!"

My jaw dropped, and my eyebrows scrunched up together. The brunette was my sister.

"Georgia?" I moved myself out of Harry's grasp and started walking forwards towards the frantic girl. She wrapped her arms around me and squealed. "Oh my gosh."

"Charli! Wow!" she grinned. "You've really grown up!"

"Yeah, well that's what happens when you don't see someone for four years," I spat back at her.

"Charli, please let's just not do that right now. Please?" she whispered in my ear. "We can talk when we get home, just the two of us; but please, let's not get into that right now."

"Fine," I sighed, and rolled my eyes for probably the hundredth time since arriving at the airport. "You look so different. You're a brunette now?"

"Yeah, I wanted a bit of a change. Do you hate it?"

"Actually, no. It looks really good on you."

"Thank you!" she smiled, giving me another quick hug. "You're not here by yourself, I see?"

"Nope," I smiled, grabbing her hand and walking her over to two of my favourite people in my life. "You obviously remember them?"

"Well, Brooke looks hot now, and she's blonde! She did the opposite of me, basically!" she smiled, running up and hugging Brooke. "Hi Brooke!"