17: dinner & heathrow

*Charli POV*

I heard my phone ringing, as I stood in the bathroom, finishing up curling Brooke's hair. "I'll be right back," I mumbled, walking into the bedroom and answer the call, placing the phone to my ear.

"Hiiii."

"Heeey you."

"What are you doing, baby?"

"Brooke and I are just doing our hair."

"For what?"

"Dinner with my grandparents. Gramps invited Harry over to catch up or something," I laughed.

"Harry?"

"Yeah, apparently he misses him or something. I didn't quite understand it, but Harry's excited to see him."

"Harry? But why is Harry coming over for dinner? How does he even know your Grandpa?"

"You know, you're starting to sound a little jealous, Mr. Malik."

"I'm not!" he shouts, a little too loudly for my liking. "I'm just confused as to why I wasn't invited."

I can hear the hurt in his voice. "Aww, baby. I'm sorry. Gramps asked me to invite him, I didn't think anything of it. You can come, you know."

"Its fine," he softly chuckles on the other end. "When is he coming over?"

"He should be here within the half."

"I'll let you go then," he mumbled. "Love you."

"No, no, no. I want to talk," I rushed out. "How's your day so far?"

"Well, I've been working on this one song with Niall today."

"Oh, really?" I perk up. "What's it called?"

"It doesn't have a name. It's actually not that good."

"I bet it's amazing."

"You're just saying that because you're biased."

"No, I'm saying that because everything you guys have written has been amazing."

"I don't know."

"Don't be so hard on yourself. You're extremely talented. I know you don't really think it, and I know you're not good with being able to accept compliments; but I truly mean it. It just makes me love you so much more. There are so many people out there that wish they could be remotely as amazing you are. Please just don't think negatively of yourself. You are amazing. "

There was a silence, before he spoke softly, "Thank you. I love you."

"I love you, Zayn."

"I'll let you go. Have fun tonight," he sighed. "If you need anything just call me. I'll be there in a heartbeat."

"Thanks, baby."

"I love you, bye Charli."

"I love you. Bye Zaynie."

I unplugged the phone and walked back into the bathroom. Brooke had her head flipped upside down, and was running her fingers through her blonde waves. She turned right side up, and adjusted her hair a bit, taming some of the crazy ends.

"Ready to go downstairs now?"

"Yep!" I smiled, grabbing her hand and dragging her through my room and out the door.

Once we made it downstairs, Gram was sitting at the table, reading the newspaper. "Hi, Gram!"

"Oh, Charli, Brooke. Hello dears!" she smiled, standing up and enveloping us both in a tight hug. "You two look beautiful, as always."