39: alone time

*Charli POV*

Brooke and I sat in silence for the next little while. I needed to digest all of this information, and try to figure out everything for myself.

The bedroom door creaked back open, and Harry popped in, a layer of sweat covering every area of skin that was visible. "I'm gonna have a shower."

I didn't even respond before he walked into the bathroom. I slammed my eyes shut and let out a loud groan.

"What am I supposed to do with all of this?"

"I'm not sure, but I just felt like you needed to know. Please don't let it affect anything you two have. You seem to really need him right now, and honestly I'm okay with it. I know you're my best friend, but something about him just makes you happy."

"You can't dump this all on me and expect me to act normally," I whined, opening my eyes and looking at her. "What if I told you that... I don't know, Luke had the hots for you, now that you're with Michael. What would you say?"

"I'd say that that was actually a problem."

"See, it's not easy."

"No. Like I mean that that was actually a problem. Luke had a crush on me when we first met."

"Seriously?"

Her laughter filled the room once again, "It was awkward, because I hadn't even thought about him like that. I don't even know who it was that told me, it may have even been Michael."

"Wait, so in Australia you're hot?" I joked, poking out my tongue.

"Oh, piss off," she groaned. "Anyways, I actually had to sit down and talk with him on multiple occasions, because whenever he was around us, it was always awkward. Like when we were talking, he would just sit and stare at us, not saying a word. At that point, all I wanted to do was make out with Mike. But, having someone staring at you is really creepy."

"But what does that have to do with Harry liking me?" I whispered, unsure if he could hear me through the bathroom door.

"I don't know, you brought it up."

"Ugh, whatever. So should I talk to him about it then?"

"No! Don't do that. You can't let him know you know. He'll hate me. Please," she pleaded. "Don't tell him."

"You just told me one of my best friends is in love with me, and I'm supposed to just shrug it off?"

"Unless... you don't have feelings for Harry, do you?"

"What? What are you talking about?"

"I don't know, it was just a question."

"To be honest, when we first met, yes. I had a crush on him. I mean look at him, right?" I held up my hands in confusion. "But, then we just kept hanging out as friends, and nothing came of it. I brushed it off as just being a wee bit drunk."

"You never told me that," she pouted, jutting out her lower lip.

"I never told anyone."

"Never told anyone what?" Harry's voice spoke, and my body froze. How long had he been standing there listening?

I turned my gaze towards him to see him standing, leaning on the doorframe, wrapped in a pink towel. He had another towel in his hands that he was running over his hair.

"Uh, nothing. How long have you been standing there for?" Brooke seemed to read my mind.

"Just a second, why?"