57: serenade in a tent

*Charli POV*

"I think I'm in love with you."

"You... I- what?" his eyes widened in shock, staring into mine. "I don't know if I heard you right."

"You heard me perfectly fine, Harry," I bite down on my lip slightly, feeling the blush creeping onto my face.

"You... Really?"

"Really. I'm in love with you, Harry. I don't know what took me so long to realize it, but it makes so much sense to me."

"Charli... are you sure? I don't want you to say it just because I did. You and I both know how I feel, but I don't want you to feel forced into anything we have baby, and-"

"I'm positive Harry. It's scary. But I know that I love you," I leaned forward and met him in a kiss. He stayed still for a few seconds before pulling me on top of him and gently kissing me back. I pulled away shortly after, and looked down at him, the biggest smile on my face, "Harry, I so mean it."

"You have no clue how long I've waited to hear you say those words, Charli," he murmured softly. I couldn't hide my happiness, as I leaned in and gave him a peck.

"What was that song you were working on?" I asked quietly, my lips brushing softly against his while my eyes flick over to the guitar case.

His face lit up in excitement, but his cheeks flushed red, "Oh, just something I've been dabbling with. Why?"

"Can you play it for me? It sounded beautiful..." I spoke lowly.

"Really?" his smile brightened as I moved off of his chest and watched him sit up. I nodded and watched as he reached for the guitar. "It's not a full song, so don't judge, okay? It's just a chorus, I don't know where to go from that."

"I'm not going to judge you, Harry," I assured, watching him grab his notebook, setting it down next to him with a pen on top. "I never have."

"Okay, go easy on me," he smiled and started strumming the guitar. I closed my eyes and listened, a smile on my face the entire time.

We're only getting older baby, and I been thinking about it lately, does it ever drive you crazy, just how fast the night changes?

I felt the tears welling in my eyes as he continued singing. He's only ever sung me a few covers of songs; never sitting down and singing like this to me. I'm so appreciative of him opening up to me in this way.

Everything that you've ever dreamed of, disappearing when you wake up, but there's nothing to be afraid of, even when the night changes. It will never change, baby, it will never change me and you.

The tears I had been holding back were now flowing freely down my cheeks, and I wiped furiously at them in an attempt to hide it. I laid my arms across my face to cover the redness I know is evident in my eyes. I laid in silence, attempting to regulate my breathing some.

"Can I play you another one, baby?" Harry asked with pure happiness in his tone.

I nodded moved my hands away, watching as he flipped through a few pages in his book, before stopping and smoothing out the sheets. He started playing a new song, more upbeat than the last one, and I felt a smile pop up on my face.

My heart, your heart, sits tight like bookends. Pages between us written with no end. So many words we're not saying. Don't wanna wait 'til it's gone. You make me strong.

I continued to lie silently, grabbing hold onto a pillow and squeezing it.

I'm sorry if I say I need you. But I don't care; I'm not scared of love. 'Cause when I'm not with you I'm weaker. Is that so wrong? Is it so wrong, that you make me strong?