19: homecoming

*Charli POV*

The drive back to the house wasn't as awkward as I thought it would be. Brooke, Harry and I talked, while Georgia sat on her phone, typing away to a mystery person, or people. Who knows?

By the time we had met with Georgia, loaded all of her stuff and actually started on the road, it was after 11. Pulling into the driveway, I glanced at the clock on the dash.

1:03 am

I sighed as I turned the car off. "Well, let's get this over with," I mumbled, getting out of the driver's seat and making my way to the back of the car.

The others piled out quickly, obviously not affected by the time of day. We usually stayed out late with the band, and it's only 8 at night in Toronto.

I popped open the hatch and grabbed for one of the suitcases. A hand stopped me, and he spoke, "I've got it Char, don't worry."

I looked up at Harry, who smiled, and continued to pull the bags out of the trunk. "Thanks," I blushed, walking over to my sister. "Did you get your other bag out of the back?"

"Yes," she groaned.

"Harry's grabbing your other two bags," I spoke quietly. "You better thank him."

"I will, don't worry," she smiled.

I heard the back shut, and Harry came around the side of the car lugging the two suitcases behind him. "Let's bring these inside, shall we?"

"Please! I can't wait to see Gram and Gramps!" Georgia squealed. "I'm so excited!"

I rolled my eyes and made my way towards the house. I fiddled with my keys in the door before slowly opening it up. I peeked inside and saw a glow coming from the family room. "They're still awake."

The three others made their way through the door after me. I shut and locked it, and set down my purse on the side table.

"Georgia, follow me," I whispered. I slowly crept towards the family room and peeked my head through the doorway, looking at the two people cuddled up on the couch. "Gram, Gramps?"

Their heads shot towards the door, and I smiled. "Um, Brooke and Harry are here."

"Okay, dear!" Gram smiled at me. "Have fun!"

"There's also someone else here," I spoke slowly, not sure how to explain about my sister being in this house.

"Zayn? That's fine too," Gram spoke.

"Not Zayn," I walked into the room. "But you do know her."

"Who is it dear?" Gramps asked, confusion laced in his voice.

"Me!" Georgia shouted, walking through the doorway.

Gram and Gramps both furrowed their eyebrows. "We know her?"

"Georgia!" my sister shouts again. "Your granddaughter!?"

Both of their eyes widened, and they jumped up off the couch, running over and hugging her.

"Georgia?" Gram asked. "When did you get here!? Why didn't you tell me you were coming?"

"Charli, you little bugger," Gramps laughed, swatting at my arm. "Why didn't you tell us that's where you were going?"

"I wanted to surprise you," Georgia smiled. "It looks like I did! I missed you both!"

"I can't believe you're here!" Gram said in shock. "I'm flabbergasted!"

"Leave it to Gram to use a word that hasn't been said this millennium," Harry whispered to me.

I laughed, and looked back at my family. "Guess you three can catch up down here. We'll be in my room."