64: i'm here

*Charli POV*

I let out a whimper, my eyes were heavy as I try to open them. The bright room makes them snap back shut, in an attempt to block out the harsh glow of the fluorescent lights.

"She's awake!" a woman's voice speaks a little too loudly.

"Yeah," I breathe out. I attempt to push myself into a sitting position but with weak arms I simply fall back down on the bed.

"Charli, please don't try to speak. I'll go grab the nurse," a male voice speaks in a hushed tone.

"What?" I wince, rubbing my temples in an attempt to south the pain shooting through my head.

"Honey, I'm so glad you're awake," the woman speaks again. Is that Gram?

"Where?" is the only thing I can get out. My throat feels like it's closed up completely as I cough a few times.

"We're in the hospital, honey. You were in an accident," Gram speaks again. "Honey, please don't speak."

"Nurse, in here," the man is back. Gramps. My head lolls to the side, and I will myself to open my eyes. The bright room still semi-blinding me, when three silhouettes start to appear.

"Dear, I've got some water here, I'd like you to have a drink," a third voice spoke. The nurse I'm assuming? There was a small poking at my lips, where a straw was placed in between them. I took a small sip, letting the water do its job.

"Honey, do you know your name?" The nurse asks.

"Ch-arli," I splutter out, coughing once again. "Water."

The straw was placed between my lips once more, and I took a larger sip, letting it sit in my mouth before swallowing and taking another sip.

"Charli," I state clearer this time, taking the cup from the nurse. "Rose."

"Good. What about your birthday?"

"May 24. I'm 18."

"That's right, but honey you're not 18," Gram says.

"Yes I am," my eyes focus in on the nurse, whose expression was full of confusion and concern.

"Honey, what are you talking about?"

I looked towards the voice, seeing my Gram standing beside the bed. "Gram," I sigh lazily.

"Hi, darling," she steps forward and picks up my hand, squeezing it gently. I give her a smile and she immediately frowns. "Honey, do you know what the date is?"

I slowly shake my head no as I wrack my brain for a date. . Brooke's birthday celebration was on Tuesday, and we went to the movies Wednesday, so today is Thursday, "August 21, 2014."

"2014?" she queries.

"Yes, 2014. I'm 18," I take another sip from the cup and watch her.

"No, honey. You're almost 16."

"What are you talking about? I'm 18," I say in a worried tone, my eyes darting around the room, looking for the mess of curls. "Where's Harry?"