bonus: new addition

• c h a r l i •

16 weeks

"So, you're almost at 16 weeks. Second trimester is well under way," Dr. Webster states, moving the wand across my stomach. "How are you feeling?"

"Honestly, I've felt better," I confess, watching the screen light up with a picture of the baby. "I've been so out of breath lately, and it really sucks because I get winded walking to the car or even the loo. It's horrible because it seems like every hour I have to piss, and I'm always out of breath."

"Yeah that's common," she chuckles and looks down at me. "Better get used to it though. You've got 24 weeks left of that. The farther you get, the more out of breath you'll be."

"You better appreciate this," I huff and stare at Harry, noticing his eyes are glued to the screen, not realizing we're even speaking. "Hey, curly. Down here."

He blinks a few times, his stare not leaving the sonogram machine. I call his name a few times before elbowing him in the leg, which finally gets his attention.

"Hey love," he murmurs, smiling lovingly down at me. "She's adorable."

"She?" I ask, quirking an eyebrow.

"Yeah. I think the baby is a girl," he hums quietly, directing his attention back to the screen.

I playfully roll my eyes before directing my attention back to Erin. "He's always this way."

"Some guys get extremely excited to see the baby this way. It helps them come to terms that they're going to be a father soon," she sends me a quick smile before starting to take a few measurements of the baby. "Other than the loss of breath, is there anything else you've been questioning?"

"Not that I can think of. But I can't remember shit lately. I forgot about this appointment until Harry told me an hour before," I shrug and laugh quietly, looking up at him. Like before, his eyes are glued to the screen, and he's now mumbling things under his breath. The intensity of his stare on the screen is slightly arousing, and I will myself not to pin him to the wall. "Hey doc?"

"Yeah?" she points her attention at me with a smile. "What's up?"

"Is it normal for me to um... well you know..."I start, feeling my face start to flush. "To always be turned on?"

She chuckles, but nonetheless nods, "I'll just say it's not uncommon. You may find yourself feeling certain things at the most random times, even though you're not sure why."

"Like right now?"

"Yep," Erin simply nods once again, not bothering to hide her smirk, "Your hormones are everywhere right now, so don't worry. You're not going crazy. It's perfectly normal for you to have strong sexual desires."

I bite my bottom lip, averting my eyes to the view of the baby, "The whole out of breath thing always hits though, and I can't make it through anything."

"Are you exercising?"

"Erm, no," I hum quietly, closing my eyes. "I can't bring myself to do it honestly."

"Charli, one thing you need to continue to do is exercise. It's safer for you and the baby."

"And if I never exercised in the first place?" I question, embarrassed by my confession.

"Never?" she looks at me with wide eyes, and I simply nod in response. "Well, that may be why you're so out of breath. If you were exercising regularly, it would help with your dyspnea. I really recommend you start. Even with something small."