38: girl talk

*Charli POV*

When I woke up, I'll admit that I was a bit shocked. Harry's arms weren't subconsciously holding me in his slumber. I turned to see that Brooke had been sleeping next to me, but she was curled up against a pillow, as I laid cold and alone on the other side of the bed.

I glanced at the clock and saw it was already after noon. I looked back at Brooke, gently poking her in an attempt to wake her. She let out a loud groan and a string of curse words came streaming from her mouth. "Fucking hell, leave me alone Oliver."

"It's Charli. What are you doing here already?"

"Sorry," she grumbled and turned over. "Harry called me around nine to come here. He said he didn't want you to wake up alone."

I hummed at the thought of his gesture and kicked the blankets off.

"Want to go get something to eat?" I asked her, watching her bun flop on the pillow as she nodded.

We went downstairs to get breakfast and were met with Georgia and Niall, who were sitting at the table, talking quietly to each other. Niall's head popped up when he heard feet shuffling on the floor, and his eyes widened at the sight of me.

"Sleeping Beauty awakes!" He cheered, jumping up to give me a hug. "How are you Charles?"

"Stop shouting," I groaned, shooting him a death stare, because he's way too chipper in the morning.

"Did you stay the night?" Brooke asked him, and I looked to see his face turning red. Brooke burst out in laughter, "You did!"

"Brooke, please," Georgia giggled to herself.

I stomped towards the pantry, grabbing out a to-go cup of Lucky Charms. I cracked it open and poured some milk into it, before grabbing a spoon and joining the two at the table.

I shoved a spoonful of cereal I to my mouth as Georgia's eyes met mine, and a small frown appearing. Her mouth opened as if she was going to say something, but she stopped when I shook my head no.

"Where's Hazza? He said he was staying here," Niall asked, looking towards the door as if Harry would be appearing through it at any second.

"He had to work today. That's why I'm here," Brooke spoke. "Plus, I wanted some girl time with my bestie."

I shoved another spoonful of cereal into my mouth, watching as the two in front of me couldn't stop touching each other. Poking, hugging, and playful slaps across the arm. It was all quite disgusting.

"Charli, where did you go yesterday? Harry said he had some grand plan to get your mind off of things."

"We went for a drive," I shrugged, taking another spoonful of cereal.

"That caused you to be gone for half of the day?"

"We drove out to Amesbury."

"What the hell is in Amesbury?" Niall asked. "That's in the middle of nowhere."

"Yeah, and?"

We sat at the table silently for a minute, when Brooke piped up. "That's where Stonehenge is, right?"

I nodded and stood up, tossing the empty container into the trash bin. I put the spoon in sink and leaned on the counter.

"Yeah," I sighed. "Brooke, I'm going to go back upstairs, you can come up whenever you want. No rush."

She nodded and stood from the table, and followed behind me.

"So Brooke," I started, taking a seat at the foot of the bed.