52: road trip

*Charli POV*

When we left, it was just before ten in the morning. We had been driving for over three hours when we pulled off the motorway to get something quick to eat. The small white sign at the roundabout told me we were in a town called Holmes Chapel.

"This is where my grandparents live. We used to live here when I was a baby, but my Mum and Dad moved to London when I was four."

Harry picked out a placed called George & Dragon. He said he and Gemma went there when they visited their grandparents last time.

Once we ate, we all piled back into the two vehicles, quickly getting back onto the road.

"Okay, I know we're up north somewhere, but can you please tell me where we're going?" I pleaded, giving Harry's hand a kiss. "I'm curious to know!"

"We've got about two hours left, so you'll find out then."

I rolled my eyes and turned in the seat, lifting my feet up crossing my legs on the seat. I leaned forward and stretched an arm out, taking Harry's free hand back in mine.

"What did you lot do last night?" I asked the three in the back. "Didn't feel the need to invite us?"

"Well, I came to get you two, but for some reason you were being lame and just laughing on the bed," Louis laughed to himself. "But then Niall said he came to get you."

Harry's hand tensed in mine and I looked up at him, seeing his eyes wide in shock. "Oh yeah?" I nervously chuckled.

"He said he came in but you two were already sleeping, so he didn't want to bother you," Louis shrugged. "You're seriously lame. You fell asleep before one in the morning! You better be staying up late the next few days. I didn't come on this adventure to go to bed by sunset."

"Wait, what?" I looked towards Niall, and he sent me a quick wink.

"Yeah, you two were completely out. Must've been tired," he shrugged.

I sent a nervous thankful smile to him, before going along with his story, "Yeah. Well, we got up early yesterday to go to Thorpe, so it was a long day."

Harry let out a long breath, and his hand relaxed in mine, gently tracing my fingers with his.

"So Haz, when are you going to move back to your own place?" Louis laughed, poking Harry's shoulder.

He swat it away before shrugging, "When Niall does."

"Mate, I see my parents all the time," Niall defended. "I'm not over at the Rose house a lot."

"I feel like I've seen you more these past couple of months than I've seen you in my entire life, Ni," I cut in. "I swear you've been at our place non stop; and if you're not, Georgie is at your place."

"That's not true," Georgia blushed, looking out the window.

"Haz, your mum probably misses you."

"She does, but we went and saw her the other day," Harry said. "And I went to see her this morning before Charli woke up. How do you think I got this car?"

"Wait, you mean you actually left and did something without your Sleeping Beauty?" Louis' jaw dropped open. "I don't believe it."

"Well, believe it, because I was shocked to walk out the door and see a random car in the drive," I giggled and looked up at Harry. He shrugged before bringing my hand up to his mouth, placing a kiss on the top.

"You two really are something else," Louis groaned loudly. "I'm surprised you're able to last this long without going at it."

"I'm fully capable of being a normal person Lou," Harry started. "Plus, that's not-"