56: what happened?

I rubbed my eyes, the sun blinding as I blinked them open. Harry was lying on my chest, a dead weight. He had my shirt fisted in his left hand, the right one under the pillow I was using.

I don't even remember coming in here last night, but somehow I did. All I can remember is drinking at the back of Harry's car, and then burgers, burgers, burgers.

After that, I have no recollection.

I looked down at my sleeping boyfriend, and brought a hand to his hair, gently running it through the softness of his curls.

He stirred quietly, tilting his head up to look at me, "Hey baby."

"Hi," I smiled down at him, rubbing my other hand over my face as I let out a long groan. "How much did I have to drink last night?"

"Quite a lot," he giggled, making my heart melt. "More than I did, and I feel like shit."

"Damnit," I huffed. "I think today I'm content with just staying in this tent."

"I'm okay with that," he chuckles before letting out a small whine. "My head is killing."

"I thought you don't get hangovers," I attempted a laugh but ended up cringing at the pain.

"I don't usually mix that many different drinks."

"What all did we have?"

"You had a lot of those apple shots, then started drinking from the bottle of wine."

"Oh god."

"Yeah; and then you and I finished off a bottle of rum."

"Shit."

"I must say, I'm impressed with your drinking skills, Charli," he shifted himself to lie next to me, smiling widely at me as his arm pulled me closer. "I don't know the last time I've had that much fun. Thank you baby."

"No, no. Don't thank me," I groaned loudly.

"Do you remember what happened last night?" he asks quietly, absentmindedly picking at a loose string on the blankets seam.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean with us and Zayn," he spoke flatly. "Because I..."

"What happened with Zayn? What did I do?" I asked, terrified to hear his answer. "Oh gosh, what did I do with Zayn? I'm so sorry Harry. I didn't- you don't-"

"Baby, you didn't do anything wrong. It was him," he assured. His hand came up and traced along my face, making me sigh in content.

"What happened?" my eyes were shut and I leaned into his touch more, loving the way I feel when I'm with him. It makes me feel at home, and truly at peace. I don't need to worry about feeling scared, or sad. I can just be happy. I truly enjoy being with him.

"Did you hear me?" his voice called out, pulling me from my thoughts on him.

"Sorry, no. I was just thinking..."

"Oh," he chuckled softly, closing his eyes. "I just said that if you didn't remember, I wasn't sure if I wanted you to know. It was bad. Really bad..."

"Tell me, please," I begged. "How bad could it be?"

"Honestly, extremely bad love," he mumbled, opening his eyes and meeting mine. "You're sure you want to know?"

"Yes... but you're scaring me."

"Baby, I'm sorry," he leaned in for a quick kiss. My hands were enveloped in his evidently larger ones, and he had them palm up, tracing along the creases in my hands. "But he basically admitted that... sleeping with you was a game."