54: did he just?

*Charli POV*

We spent the next few hours down at the beach swimming and goofing off. We had yet again played a game of chicken, which seems to have been our thing.

I really enjoyed Perrie's company, and she's really growing on me. The way we met was quite unfortunate, but in the end I'm glad we had the chance to talk about it today.

Even though I did end up breaking down while talking to her, it was good to finally let go. A lot was put out on the table, but it was all things that needed to be said or heard. Things that will hopefully prove to me that Harry is nothing like Zayn.

My biggest insecurity was brought up, and it made me feel broken to think of things like that. The major thought that ran through my mind was that if Harry were to decide that he didn't actually like me, I wouldn't know what to do.

Everything's completely turned around since this talk, and I know for a fact that Harry isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Is what I'm feeling love? I'm slowly leaning towards the fact that it is, which is scary. I never once felt this way with Zayn.

I feel safe when he's around, almost like I'm finally home. Which is why we're now sitting up at the unlit campfire, curled up in each other's embrace.

If you had told me six months ago that I would be dating Harry, I would have told you that you were crazy. But then I would be the crazy one for denying it, because I just can't get enough of him.

It's definitely a mutual feeling, and it feels good to feel wanted. The past few months when I was with Zayn, things didn't feel right. It was almost as if he was becoming more and more attached to Perrie, but couldn't bare ending things with me.

I wanted to ask her why she actually ended up staying with him, knowing that she was being cheated on too, but we got into my whole situation, and I lost my train of thought once he declared his love for me.

Harry loves me. Me.

I've been replaying his words over and over since then, and I know I look psychotic, sitting here with the massive grin on my face and no reason to the others as to why.

"But what's for dinner?" Niall asked, pulling me from my thoughts as he and Liam started the fire up again. "I'm starving."

"Is food all you can think about?" I asked, looking at the blonde who was hunched over at the small pit.

"Well we skipped lunch, so I'm hungry," he mumbled, rubbing his stomach gently.

"You're insane. We had breakfast like four hours ago," I remarked, pulling Harry's arms tighter around me.

"Regardless, I'm still hungry," he mumbled again.

"Can you two not be near each other for more than five minutes?" Georgia laughed and kicked my foot.

"Why would I waste my time staying away from her and feeling sad, when I could be with her and be the happiest I've ever been?" Harry gushed, and I couldn't help but blush when he leaned down to place a kiss on my cheek. "Right love?"

The redness was creeping up onto my face, but probably wasn't evident as the new sun burn I got today was covering it.

"You make me all flustered, Harry," I murmured quietly, looking down. "But Georgie, yes we can be apart. It's just better this way."

"Well, why don't us girls go to the shop and buy something to make for dinner?" she looked at Perrie and I, both of us nodding.

"That sounds good, but what car do we take?" I asked. "Neither of us drove."