five: hangovers at nando's

*Charli POV*

It was 12:30 when we all decided to leave Barfly. I had managed to sneak a couple more shots before Zayn saw, and officially cut me off.

"No more," he had said. "You're only allowed water now. You blew it."

I know he's right, but I was having fun. I don't often drink, so I have a low tolerance for it.

"It was only five shots, baby," I slurred, winking at him.

We were walking out of Barfly, hand in hand, when we stopped.

"Keys?" he asked, holding his hand out. "You drove. You're clearly not in your right mind to drive, babe."

"Ugh, fine," I tried to look tough, but couldn't hold back my giggles. He looked down at his hand, and then back up to meet my eyes. Damn. I handed him the keys and frowned, "Okay, okay!"

"Are you guys okay to make it home? Do you need a ride?" he asked, looking at the others.

"Well, I drove here but I'm in no state to drive," Eleanor laughed. "Loulou, can you drive me home?"

"Obviously El," he laughed. "Anyone else need a ride?"

"Well, I drove Liam here, so I can drive him home?" Niall said, laughing.

"Sounds good, mate," Liam patted Niall on the back. "Thanks."

"Harry?" I asked. "What about you?"

"I'll just call a cab," he said, pulling his phone out. "I've had too many beers to drive."

"No you wont! We will drive you, right baby?" I asked, looking up at Zayn.

"Yeah man, it's no problem. You live by me anyways," Zayn said, taking my hand into his and starting off towards my car. "We'll see you guys tomorrow. 3:00 at Nando's?"

"Fuck yeah, Nando's!" I heard Niall shout as they walked away.

"Come, Harry," I said, reaching my hand out for him to follow.

He quickly caught up to us as we got to the car, "Thanks. I appreciate the drive!"

"Harry, how will you get your car?" I asked, hopping in the passenger seat of my car, while Zayn got in the drivers seat.

"I can pick it up tomorrow," he said, getting in the back seat. "Nando's is literally a 30 second walk down the street. I can pick it up when we're leaving."

—-

When I woke up, I sat up, and instantly regret it.

"Ugh!" I groaned, falling back down and shutting my eyes.

"You okay in here, babe?" Zayn said, peeking his head into the room.

"Why did I have so much to drink?"

"I tried to stop you."

"Here," he said, handing me two Tylenol and a bottle of water. "Take these."

I propped myself up on my elbow and popped the two pills in my mouth, before taking a big drink of water. "Don't let me do that again, please."

"I'll try, but you were relentless last night," he smiled, lying down beside me. "You're a champ."

"Why?"

"You didn't throw up once."

"Well that's something to be proud about, no?" I smiled, looking over at him. I lay there staring at him for what felt about an hour. It probably wasn't more than 30 seconds. "I'm so proud of you, for everything last night."