37: breakdown

*Charli POV*

There was a shout from downstairs that drew my attention back to the chaos in my life. Harry's voice sounded and I jumped up from the lounger I was in.

I quickly rushed inside, tossing my phone on the bed as I whipped the bedroom door open and dashed down the stairs. Harry had Zayn held up against the front door as Gramps stood off to the side watching, a small smirk on his face.

"What's going on?" my voice sounded before I even realized what I was doing.

Harry's hands loosened from his grip on Zayn and he turned to face me, "Char, I told you to stay upstairs. Please, just go. We've got this under control."

"Harry, you just had him pinned against the door. That doesn't look like it's under control."

"Charli, I came here to talk to you," the voice - who I was not looking forward to hearing - spoke, and I brought my gaze to him, seeing him panting heavily and wiping his mouth with a sleeve. "And I was told I'm not allowed to talk to my own girlfriend."

"Well, if she was here I wouldn't see why not. But seeing as your girlfriend isn't in this house, I suggest you turn around and leave."

"You're right in front of me."

"That's right. I am. But I am not your girlfriend. We broke up, do you not remember?"

"We need to talk about this," he said in a pained tone.

"Then talk. Whatever you have to say to me can be said in front of everyone here."

"Some things are meant to be kept between two people."

"Oh, kind of like a relationship? A relationship where you don't cheat on the person you're with? Because if that's what you're getting at, you've got serious problems," I huffed, getting irritated at him still being in my presence. "Harry, you can let him go. He knows better than to attempt to lay a hand on me. He knows Gramps would kill him with his bare hands."

The two chuckled, and a groan was heard from Zayn.

Harry backed away from the poor excuse of a man standing at the door and came to stand beside me, slightly leaning himself on the wall.

"What did you have to say?" I questioned. "I don't have all night, in fact we were watching a movie. So if you could hurry up, I'd like to get back to that."

"Well you seem to have moved on quite quickly, haven't you?" he seethed, staring daggers at me. "You and Haz then?"

"What are you talking about?" I asked, dumbfounded by his statement.

"Oh, don't act coy with me. It's obvious there's something between you two."

"I don't know what you're getting at, but there's nothing going on between Charli and myself. There never has been anything going on between us."

"You haven't left her side since Friday night, right mate?" Zayn asked, looking between the two of us.

"Actually, that's not true. There's been times where we've been apart," I spoke up. "But I shouldn't have to explain myself to you. You and I are no longer an issue. If I wanted to date Harry, it shouldn't be any of your concern."

"Actually, I'd quite like you two to date," Gramps cut in. I completely forgot about him being there to be honest. "I actually like Harry, so does your grandmother."

"What is that supposed to mean?" Zayn asked, his voice full of anger.

"It means that we only tolerated you out of respect for Charli. In all honesty, I'm surprised it lasted this long."