58: surprise text

*Charli POV*

The past week has been very relaxing, with us having spent most of the days at the beach.

Zayn had finally returned after he took off, although I'm sure he shouldn't have been driving as he was completely wasted. I'm surprised he didn't destroy his car or get pulled over for reckless driving, seeing as he came speeding into the campgrounds, narrowly missing the tent his new girlfriend was sleeping in.

He stormed out of his car incoherently ranting about something, before taking off and hiding in his tent for the rest of the night.

I felt bad for Perrie, being stuck here with us. If I had just met these people and my boyfriend abandoned me for hours on end, I'd definitely put him in his place when he is the one at fault for everything going wrong in any of our lives at the moment.

But since then he's stayed tucked away in his tent minding his own business, while the rest of us enjoyed Perrie's company.

Our last night in Wales, we had decided to go into town for dinner. Zayn was still pouting to himself, and didn't join us, so we all crammed into Harry's mums Range Rover instead of taking two cars. It was a tight fit, but fun nonetheless.

I had a blast with everyone, and I was sad when the trip was over, but we had to get back to the real world.

The boys had their shows the days after we came home, and it was now the following Tuesday. Harry was back at work, and I was sitting in the kitchen with Gram, going over everything I needed to do in the next two weeks before I went off to university.

"Do you have everything ready, dear?"

I groaned loudly, probably the tenth time in the last half hour. "Yes, Gram. We've already gone over all of my paperwork, and we paid the tuition fee off this morning."

"I just can't believe my darling granddaughter is already heading off to university. It seems like just yesterday you were a baby."

I quickly rolled my eyes and shut the laptop in front of me, looking up at her. "Please don't get all sentimental right now Gram. We had our cry fest when I first got up, I don't need to have another one."

"You've just grown up so fast," she mumbled quietly, looking down at her hands, which were folded on the table. "Your parents would be so proud of you, honey. You're a beautiful young lady, and I'm so proud to call you my granddaughter."

"Gram, stop," I spoke sternly. "If you cry, I'm getting up and leaving."

"I'm sorry dear, I'm just so happy to see you fulfilling your dreams," she looked up at me with glossy eyes, and I knew it wouldn't be long before she was full on crying. She brought a hand up and swiped at her eyes gently, before taking a large breath. "So, change of subject. Did your sister tell you how long she's going to be staying here? She has school too, yes?"

"She won't tell me," I sighed and ran a hand through my hair, brushing it out of my face. "She said she didn't have a return ticket so I honestly don't have a clue what she's planning on doing."

"Maybe you could get it out of her. I barely see her anymore, now that she's been hanging out with Niall all the time."

"Yeah, I barely see her too," I mumbled, looking down at my laptop.

"That's Harry's fault," she said bluntly, making my head snap up to her, seeing a small smirk on her lips.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked, feeling myself blush at the mention of his name.

"I'm so glad you two are finally together, Charli," Gram murmured, reaching across the table and taking my hands in hers. "I don't think in my entire life I've ever seen you this happy."