four: battle of the bands

*Charli POV*

"Will El be here tonight Lou?" I asked, leaning onto the bar countertop.

"She should be. She knows we go on at 8:45."

"It's 8:30 now. Have you spoken to her?"

"Yes. She will be here," he smiled. "At least, I hope she will be here."

"LOU!" I heard a deep voice shout. Harry. My head shot around towards where the voice came from. "Come on!"

Harry and Zayn were standing off to the side of the stage. Harry held his hands up, motioning for Louis to go see him. I looked towards the bartender. "Can I get a sex on the beach please?"

"We're in London, love. There's no good beaches around," he winked. Gross.

"Um, I just wanted a drink, you pervert."

"Fuck off, man," the voice I knew too well, growled.

"Hey," I turned around, smiling at him. "Want a drink?"

"Honey, if you want sex on the beach, this guy wont cut it," I heard the pervert cut in.

I wrapped my arms around Zayn's waist, pulling him closer to me.

"Hey," he said, leaning in to give me a peck on the lips. He looked over at the bartender with a smirk. "I'll have a beer, you prick."

"Sorry man," the pervert said, looking away. He went and got our drinks, placing them on the bar top. "On the house."

"Good. Come on, let's go see the boys," he said, intertwining our fingers as we grabbed our drinks and walked towards the stage.

"Are you guys ready for this?" I asked as we walked up.

"You know it!" Louis shouts.

"Um, guys I don't know if I can do this," Harry mumbled, looking down at his feet.

"Haz, what's wrong?" Louis asked, walking up to Harry.

"I just, I don't know if I can do this. I'm not a good singer. You guys are way better than me," he looked up towards Louis. "I just don't want to ruin this for you guys."

Wait, what? Harry didn't think he was good enough? He was great!

"Harry, don't think like that. You know, just as well as us that you will kick ass tonight!" I said, walking up and giving him a hug. "Just... If you get too scared on the stage, just think of everyone in their underwear!"

"Seriously?" Zayn laughed. "That's your pep talk for him babe?"

I pulled away from Harry, and looked towards Zayn and smiled. "It's better than you just standing there staring at him."

"Harry man, you're going to be fine," Zayn said, a smile appearing on his perfect lips. "Let's get this over with!"

"We're gonna kill it!" Niall said.

"I'd like to welcome One Direction to the stage now!" a mans voice sounded in the speakers.

"This is it!" I said, placing a huge grin on my face. "You guys are going to crush it."

"Thanks, darling," Zayn grinned back, placing a quick kiss on my lips. "Love you."

I walked back over to the bar, hopping on a stool. Eleanor still hadn't shown up. I figured I would shoot her a quick text to check up on her.

To Eleanor: Hey El, everything okay? Boys are just going on now...

I heard the familiar tune start up in the speakers, making a smile appear on my face.