43: i really like you

*Charli POV*

"I really like you Charli," he whispered, catching me off guard.

This is the first time he's actually said these words to me, and it's making me panic slightly. I shut my eyes tightly, and cowered into his neck.

I've known that he likes me, and I can tell he does by what we just did. But actually hearing the words come out of his mouth; the slow, deep tone he used flicked a switch on in my brain.

What am I doing?

I just got out of a relationship, and I'm not really looking for something right now. But, I can't help how strongly I feel for him.

There's something mesmerizing about him, something that just draws me to him that's completely out of my control.

It's terrifying that I'm able to feel so strongly about Harry after such a short amount of time, which isn't actually a short amount of time. It's been four years. He's liked me for four years, how did I not realize this sooner?

I removed my face from his neck and looked up at him. He had a smile on his lips, and I couldn't help but stare.

"Charli?" Harry's voice softly pulled me from my thoughts. "I um, we should get out now."

I nodded, but didn't move; keeping my legs firmly locked around him. He just shook his head and held onto me, started towards the pool ladder.

"You need to let go, Char," he laughed as he stood in front of the ladder. I sighed and detached myself from him, scurrying up the ladder. I grabbed the towels, quickly wrapping one around myself and handing the second to Harry who had finally pulled himself out of the pool.

I leaned against the wall watching him dry off. I had completely forgotten about how short his suit was, and I couldn't stop staring as he ran the towel up his legs and over his stomach. He looked up and caught my gaze, a sly smirk popping up causing me to blush intensely. "Like what you see?"

I bit my lip and looked away. He swiftly made his way over in less than five seconds, quickly engulfing me in a tight hug. He lifted me up and spun me around slightly, and a squeal left my lips.

"Harry, put me down!" I giggled at him, swatting my hands at his chest gently. He laughed and quickly pressed his lips against mine. "What was that for?"

"We have a show in a couple of days..." Harry muttered.

"Is it Friday already?" I asked, sadness filling my tone. He nodded and shrugged.

"You don't have to come yet. I won't force you to," he spoke sincerely. "I don't want to force you to do something you don't want to."

"I think I want to," I whispered, almost inaudibly. The look of shock on his face caused me to giggle slightly, before placing a kiss on his cheek. "We should go by ourselves though, in case it's still too much for me."

He hummed in approval, casually jutting out his tongue and licking his lips.

"Okay. But right now, I'm hungry," I mumbled.

"Do you want to go get something to eat?" he shrugged. "Like go out and get something?"

"Are you asking me out on a date Mr. Styles?" I couldn't hide my smile even if I tried.

"Wh- what? No, I- I was just..." he stuttered out, and the redness I once wore crept into his features.

"Why not?" my lips were pressed into a thin line while I watched his expression change. His features softened, and the smile I like slowly reappeared.