six: girls night out (pt. one)

*Charli POV*

Band practice today had gone quite smoothly. The guys had sat down every day the since the initial talk with Chase, and had been writing songs.

They now had five songs completed, and were taking a break to eat.

I'd spent the majority of the day reading on the couch in Niall's garage, as the guys sat sprawled out around the small room, giving out random ideas. Niall had his acoustic guitar out, and was strumming the strings on it.

The tune was familiar, something I've heard many times before.

Today is gonna be the day,
That they're gonna throw it back to you.
By now you should've somehow,
Realized what you gotta do.

"Oh my gosh," my head shot up from the book, and I looked over at Niall. "Niall, I love this song."

He smiled and continued to strum the strings, "It's such a good song."

"Absolutely," Zayn added. "It's probably one of her favourites. Like ever."

"You guys should play this song. Do you know the lyrics?"

"Well, I do," Zayn chuckled. "I've only had to listen to it what seems like a billion times."

"Hush, you," I smiled, looking down at him sitting at the foot of the couch, and pointed my finger at him. "Really though. What do you guys think about that?"

"I'd need to learn the lyrics, but I think it would be cool," Liam answered.

"Wait, you don't know the lyrics?" I asked, dumbfounded by his statement. "How is that possible?"

"Char, not everyone listens to this song a hundred times a day," Zayn laughed. He stood up off the floor and sat down beside me on the couch. "Some people like to listen to a variety of music."

"Just because I know what I like doesn't mean I don't also like to listen to other things!" I tried to sound tough, but ended up laughing. "You know what? You suck."

"So, not to interrupt this adorable moment you two have going on, but I guess we'll learn the lyrics then, and play this song too?" Louis cut in. "Char, you don't have to worry about me. I already know this song."

"Thank you! Someone with good taste!"

"Hey, that hurts!" Liam whimpered, holding his hands up to his heart and pretending to cry.

"Hey guys, um, so you know how I said I'd talk to Ed?" Harry looked up from his phone. "So, he's kind of like, outside?"

"What?" Niall asked. "Ed?"

"Yeah. Sheeran? The red head from the comp the other day?" Harry added. "He's here to help us write some songs if you want?"

"Why is he waiting outside then?" Zayn asked, standing up and walking over to the garage door and opened it. I could hear him talking to someone outside, before he walked back in with the man from Friday. "Guys, this is Ed."

"Hello all!" he said, placing a huge grin on his face.

"This blondie here is Niall. The guy on the chair is Louis. Liam is the one on the floor. My girl, Charli, and of course you know Hazza."

"Hi, Ed!" I walked over to him, and gave him a quick hug. "I'm Charli!"

"Hello, Charli," Ed blushed, and shoved his hands into his pockets. "So, you guys are looking to write some songs?"

"Yeah," Harry stood up, walking over to Ed. He stuck his hand out, and Ed shook it. "Good to see you again mate."

"Likewise," Ed smiled. "Lets get started then, shall we?"