26: niall's basement

*Charli POV*

I woke up to almost complete darkness. The only light in the room was coming from a small night light in the shape of a cartoon giraffe that was plugged into the wall on my right. My eyes were opened wide, as I tried to take in the features of the foreign room in an attempt to figure out where I was. To my left was the dark haired boy who had a smile on his lips.

I lifted my head to take a look around the area. Why don't I recognize this room? Where the hell am I?

I groaned, as I shut my eyes and rolled myself over onto my stomach. The pounding in my head was excruciating, making tears slowly line my eyes.

"You're awake baby?" he spoke softly.

A smile made its way to my lips as I opened one of my eyes, meeting his with my slightly opened one. "Yeah. Where are we?" I asked, reaching a hand up to his hair and tangling my fingers in it.

He hummed quietly, "Niall's basement."

"How did we get down here?"

"We walked?" he chuckled, wrapping a leg around mine. "We had a late night."

"When did we go to bed?"

"After we all watched the sunrise."

I groaned for the nth time since I woke up. I tried piecing the night together, only to remember small amounts of it.

I remember swimming in my underwear. Why I did that, I'll never know. I also remember talking to Brooke and Niall, but I have no clue what either conversation was about.

"So we've probably wasted half of the day then. I'd say it's probably after noon."

"Would you two please shut up?"

"Who's that?" Zayn asked, sitting up right from his laying position.

"That was Michael. Please stop talking, my head is pounding."

"Brooke?" I mumbled groggily into the pillow. "You're in here too?"

"Yes, now please comply with Mikey's request. We all drank too much last night and I actually feel like I could be dying," she pleaded. "And it's only ten in the morning. Shh."

I softly laughed, which was a bad idea as the shooting pain in my head travelled and rang through my entire body. I was close to crying, but knew I had to hold it in.

"C'mere," a pair of arms were wrapped around me, as I was pulled closer to Zayn's warm body. "Let's sleep for a bit longer?"

A sigh of content left my lips and I nodded my head. My eyes were soon shut as I cuddled against the warmth of his bare chest.

The creak of the door opening caught my attention, and I winced in pain as I tried to roll over to see the intruder.

"Everyone up!" a voice boomed throughout the room. "It's food time!"

"Harry, I swear to God, if you don't leave this room you will never bug us again," Brooke hissed.

"It's not even noon Harry, please let us sleep more."

"Sorry Charli, but it's two in the afternoon."

"What? Brooke just said it was ten!"

"We've been sleeping since then Charli," her voice quietly spoke.

"So get your buns out of the oven, the rest of us are upstairs making pizza!"

"No bakery jokes Harry," Brooke groaned. "Your jokes are bad enough."