Chapter 44.

The Heads of Houses were ordering their students into lines.

“Weasley, straighten your hat,” Professor McGonagall snapped at Ron as they made their way downstairs. “Miss Patil, take that ridiculous thing out of your hair.”

The Head of Gryffindor had been making her way through the castle as she collected every student from their respective classes. Thankfully, for Helena, she had found herself in the same class as the twins, so the excitement was even greater as they wouldn’t stop smiling with joy, nudging each other like kids waiting in line to be next to ride the biggest attraction in an amusement park.

“The wait is over!”

“It’s finally here!”

“And we´re skipping class!”

The three of them couldn’t stop giggling, acting like five year-olds as they followed Professor McGonagall to the reach the last of the Gryffindors.

“Follow me, please,” said Professor McGonagall. “First years in front . . . no pushing…”

They had lined up in front of the castle, waiting for further instructions from their teacher. And even though it was a cold day, the excitement and thrill everyone felt made the air warm and thick around them.

“What’s taking them so long?” groaned Fred, tilting his head back.

“Dumbledore said at six, five minutes left!” said Nina impatiently, trying to get a good view of whatever she was about to see. Although she considered herself taller than average, she could not see a thing amongst the other students huddled around her now that all four houses were present.

“You can’t Apparate inside the Hogwarts grounds, how often do I have to tell you?”

Hermione´s voice was heard as clear as water.

“Seems like those three are trying to figure out how the other schools will get here,” pointed out George.

“And Hermione’s right,” started Nina, “they can’t Apparate. Unless they have some magical foreign spell we don’t know about…”

“Oh yeah,” began Fred with a sarcastic tone, “I would definitely use my foreign knowledge to create a spell to commute easier. Top priority!”

Top priority,” mocked Nina in a high pitched voice, squinting her eyes. “You know what I meant, Frederick!”

“It’s six o’clock!” George yelled to stop any further arguments from those two.

And as if George’s announcement had been what everyone was waiting for, the air went still and everyone was quiet, waiting for any sign to be pointed out so that they could focus their attention to it.

Helena suddenly felt cold again as the tension grew bigger with every passing second.

How would the other schools arrive?

How are they like?

What will happen in this tournament?

Her thoughts were interrupted when Dumbledore called out from the back row where he stood with the other teachers, “Aha! Unless I am very much mistaken, the delegation from Beauxbatons approaches!”

People kept asking where exactly Dumbledore had spotted the French school until someone had signaled excitedly towards the sky, and whatever it was, it was heading directly at them.

“It’s a dragon!” a first year girl shrieked.

“Don’t be stupid…it’s a flying house!” Dennis Creevey said.