Chapter 31.

"HELENA KATHERINE ROSEMUND! GET IN HERE RIGHT NOW."

Nina woke up in the morning by the yell of her father, afraid to know what had been the reason for him to call her by her full name. She threw her covers to the floor, regretting doing such thing when she stumbled with the blankets on her way out. The girl wanted to keep sleeping. Although, Helena wasn't sure what time it was today.

Her father always let her sleep in on her birthday.

She had to quickly adjust to the bright light of the summer coming from the kitchen, where her father was standing, arms crossed, covered in colorful confetti from head to toe.

"Care to explain why I'm basically a walking rainbow?" Andrew Rosemund asked her daughter.

"Early Halloween for my birthday?" she said quietly, hoping the joke would get her father to not look so scary right now.

The joke did not work.

"No, not quite," he said, "I opened this box and it exploded confetti all over me, and it's not coming off."

Helena went to see the opened cardboard box that was laying on the kitchen counter, and took out a variety of sweets that she immediately recognised were from Honeydukes, courtesy of the twins.

"Nice..." she said admiring her delicious present.

"Excuse me?"

"Oh, not the confetti thing, dad... Sorry, about that," Nina apologised, "Looks like they used magical glue."

She tried pealing off a small piece of confetti on his arm but it had really stuck.

"So this was a Weasley present, I'm guessing," her father came to the conclusion when she said they. "I have to admit, it's very clever..."

"Clever enough for me to walk away freely?"

"Maybe," Andrew Rosemund smiled at her, "But I'll have a small chat with them when they get here."

The Weasley twins had invited Helena to one of the most important events in the wizarding community: The Quidditch World Cup.

After begging her father to let her go all summer to spend the last two weeks of school break at the Weasley's, he eventually gave in, knowing she liked spending time with them. Even when she complained about them, especially about the twin named Fred, her father could see she really cared for them.

The twins had written to her days before to tell her that they would be arriving in the afternoon with their father, Arthur Weasley, who Helena had met right when they arrived at King's Cross station when the school year ended.

Just like Hermione had told her, Arthur Weasley had an interest in everything muggle-related, just like Nina's very own father was mesmerized by the wizarding world.

"Well, I'm gonna go ahead, take a shower and get ready," said Helena returning to her bedroom. "Maybe Mr. Weasley can get that confetti off of you!"

Putting on her favorite yellow sundress, she looked on her mirror to fix the strands of hair that did not want to be part of the high ponytail she pulled her hair into.

Then she heard a tap on her window and turned to see Alfie, her brown owl, hovering outside.

Nina quickly went to open the window to let him in, dropping the letter he had been carrying on her bed, hooting excitedly, flapping his wings as if he wanted to go back to the place she had sent him.

"Cedric gave you M&M's, didn't he?" Helena narrowed her eyes at her owl as Alfie hooted back in response.

During the summer, Cedric and Helena had been writing letters to eachother to keep in contact. In one of them, the boy had told her that he gave Alfie an M&M as a treat, since he had run out of proper ones for owls, and said how he had taken a liking for the muggle candy.