Chapter 19.

a/n bear with me!

"You're gonna get ourselves in St. Mungo, Nina," joked Fred, trying to cheer her up but it was no use. Helena was depressed.

"I don't understand," Helena pouted, playing with her food during dinner the next day. "I thought he would help us."

Her idea of talking to Professor Lupin about Sirius Black being an Animagus did not go as she planned it would. The Defense Agaisnt the Dark Arts teacher listened closely to her argument, the twins backing her up by adding Harry's story of the black dog he encountered before the school year.

Though Lupin admired their interest in finding out how Black had tricked the dementors and made his way into the castle without anyone noticing, he respectfully told them that they should leave matters to the authorities and focus on their O.W.L.s instead.

Helena had left the classroom feeling like someone had cut her wings, a sense of defeat taking away.

"I thought you were going to mention Pettigrew," said George, remembering how the girl had taken sudden interest in the name.

Helena groaned, dropping her head.

"It's no use," Nina slouched on her seat, "why would Lupin care for a dead man?"

"What if he knew him?" Fred asked wide-eyed, tapping the girl's shoulder, excited of the possibility that their teacher may have more information on Pettigrew.

"He is still dead, Freddie," pointed George, "Unless..."

"Unless what?"

Both Helena and Fred turned to the twin at the same time, staring at George expectantly as if he were to reveal the greatest secret known to man kind.

"So that's what it looks like when Fred and I do it, huh... " said George thinking out loud.

The three of them, lead by George, strutted along the cold hallways, ocasionally bumping on students who were hurriedly trying to catch the last few minutes of dinner before Dumbledore would dismiss them.

Helena and Fred were both confused as to where they were being taken, walking behind George who suddenlt halted, resulting in the other two crashing on his back.

"Ladies first!" George bowed at Nina, signaling her to enter the room they were now standing by.

"The library?" for once, Fred did not know what his brother had planned.

Helena arched her eyebrow, still with no idea why the twin had lead them here.

"What do you expect we find here? I already searched for Pettigrew in every book I could think of" she reminded the redhead.

"Ah, dear Rosemund," George said in his best impression of a wealthy obnoxious man, "It's not about what, but who!" and he ushered her in.

Gets an idea and has to be all mysterious about it, she thought.

And as if it were the first time she entered the library, or even been inside one, Nina walked in cautiously like a cowboy who was waiting to be surprised to duel, on the look out for whoever the twin meant would help.

George, on the other hand, had shared who he was referring about to Fred, so they could both share a laugh at the girl's odd behaviour.

And they were enjoying every second of it, giggling like school girls behind her back.

Helena of course heard them, stopping right on her tracks and sighed.

"Okay, who are we looking for?" she asked with a monotone voice, not in the mood to deal with them.