Chapter 12.

It wasn't an easy task to tell Harry his Nimbus 2000 had been beaten up by the Whomping Willow. They had agreed that Nina would be the one to break it down to the boy but in the end, Hermione blurted out the bad news when Harry kept asking where was his broom.

"You could have gotten to the point faster," commented George, after the three of them left the Hospital Wing.

"Yeah, Hell..." Fred agreed, "Why did you have to start with a sermon on how to detatch yourself from material things?"

"I wanted to soften the blow, okay? God knows Harry loved that broom of his," Helena defended as they walked to their common room.

The three of them settled themselves on the big comfy couch infront of the fireplace, the twins taking off their still damp shoes and resting their feet on a small table they had pulled up to dry them.

"So..." Fred said, reaching for the yellow scarf Helena was still wearing on her neck, "you're into Hufflepuffs, eh?"

Instead of replying with some witty comeback, like she intended at first, Nina decided to grab a pillow cushion and smack Fred's face with it.

"Bloody, Hell!" the redhead said, rubbing his nose while he glared at her. "Definitely could have been a Beater!"

Nina returned the scarf back to its owner the next day when they met by the Black Lake to review a chapter from Herbology. Cedric appreciated that the girl had worn it at the game and told her to keep it, saying how he wanted her to have it.

"Thanks," Helena said, after failing to give it back, telling him she couldn't take the scarf. "But the second I see you shivering from the cold, I'll magically lock it around you!" she threatened playfully.

The next two weeks were awful for Helena, mainly because Snape had been covering for Professor Lupin and the girl didn't like how Snape kept ignoring her when she knew the answer to a question, so she gave up after several attempts.

Potions wasn't different, the only bright side was that Fred was right there next to her and would make funny comments to cheer the girl up after the Potions teacher would make rude remarks at her. One time saying that it was a shame her magical ability was being wasted away in someone like her. A muggleborn.

Nina would just ignore Snape to not give him the satisfaction. She was angry and hurt, no matter how many times she told herself to not let it get to her.

At the end of Potions, or Defense Against the Dark Arts for that matter, she would leave class feeling bothered and with a furious glare that scared some Slytherin first years one time.

"He's an old git, Nina!" Fred comforted his friend after the class had ended.

"Only wants to piss you off," said George.

After dinner that day, the twins and Nina decided to continue their work with Weasley's Wizard Wheezes, Fred and George only wanting to distract the girl from school work and cruel teachers.

They were trying to come up with new ideas for products, discussing their thoughts on the floor by the warm fire at the Gryffindor common room late at night. Most students had gone off to bed now, leaving behind a couple of other fifth years struggling to keep their eyes open to finish their school work.

"How about gloves that make everything you carry light as a feather?" Nina suggested, holding her knees close to her chest.

"Or that makes them slap youserlf!" George added with a laugh, writing down the idea.

"Keep the ideas coming, Hell! And we'll make them better!" Fred joked, earning a glare from the girl.

"My ideas are good, maybe not pranking material, but useful!" Nina furrowed her brows to think of something Weasley worthy. "Okay, how about gloves that when you shake someone's hand, they get covered in slime?"