Chapter 52.

The day was finally here.

The whole school was ecstatic for the Triwizard Tournament to commence. Classes had been suspended for the task would start an hour after breakfast and Professor Dumbledore had decided to let them enjoy the day from the beginning.

Helena could not find the words to describe the collective excitement everyone was sharing, except for the few numbers of students who already knew what lay ahead, one of them being herself. Nerves were consuming every inch of her body.

"How do you know dragons are the first task?" Cedric had gone pale and was finding it hard to believe what Helena had shared.

"I saw them," she said, trying to contain her fear for the boy. "They have them in the middle of the Forbidden Forest. I only saw one, but Ced..."

Helena could not continue. She had a knot in her throat, doing her best to restrain herself from crying right in front of him in the middle of the library while everyone else in the room had no clue about what was going to happen.

The Great Hall was packed with students from all three wizarding schools, everyone filling up their stomachs to prepare for the big day. Chatter and laughs were heard, echoing inside the room as the time for the first task to begin drew closer.

Even though she had told Cedric about how he would face a dragon as a first challenge in the Triwizard Tournament, she felt like it had not been enough. Sure, it could have put his mind at knowing what he would confront, but how does one prepare to battle a dragon?

If only they had found out about the dragons earlier, with more time to spare so Cedric could prepare, so she could help him find a way to encounter a dragon without him getting hurt. Anything that could help him avoid the terrible future she had seen.

"I- ... Thanks for telling me, Nina," Cedric smiled brightly even though he was terrified on the inside. "But you don't have to worry about me. I've got this!" the boy said trying to convince himself as well. "I'm a Hogwarts Champion."

Everything Cedric had said that day at the library resonated in her mind. She did not understand how he could muster a smile after telling him he would face a real life dragon, and him telling her not to worry.

Helena wished she could share the same joy for this tournament like the other students. She wished she had never gotten that vision of Cedric laying dead on the ground, that way she would be just as excited as everyone else for the first task to begin.

It was not fair.

She did not ask to be a Seer. She did not ask to have the ability to see the future. She did not ask to see that Cedric Diggory would die in this tournament.

Her mind felt like it was turning into a whirlpool. Was it possible to feel empty inside and with a heavy ball of nerves and frustration at the same time?

Helena stared at the half-eaten plate in front of her, not wanting to finish it to avoid getting sick. Fred and George, who were sitting on each of her side, were quiet towards her, having an idea about what was going through her head now. She took a sip of her orange juice, hoping it would bring her back into reality, but it only tasted bitter to her.

"I have to tell Cedric he'll die."

Fred choked on his drink while George accidentally hit the third year sitting next to him with his elbow.

"What?" both asked in unison, staring at their friend.

"I have to tell—"

"Nah-uh, you won't do that, Hell!" Fred whispered turning his body so he could face her directly. "Dumbledore told you not to. And it's a bad idea."