Chapter 14.

"Give it a rest, Rosemund," George groaned when he saw that Helena had brought a book with her to breakfast.

"It was probably a ghost?" suggested Fred, taking a sip from his pumpkin juice. "Or maybe the map got mixed up."

Helena was scanning her book, Hogwarts: A History, for the fourth time to check if she had missed the name somehow these last few days. She reached for a piece of bacon, stuffing it in her mouth and continued turning pages.

"It can't be a ghost. It's not here on this book," Nina said definitively, closing it shut. "And you two told me yesterday that the map is always right. Why would it be wrong this time?" she asked the twins.

Fred and George groaned in unison, resting their heads on the table, giving up all hope that the girl would stop searching for an answer as to why they had seen an unfamiliar name next to Ron's the other night.

Not knowing who Peter Pettigrew was, made Helena even more curious and determined to find out. She's asked Harry and Ron if they knew the person, but neither of them have heard of him.

Then, she decided it was best if she asked a teacher and approached Professor McGonagall if she had any information after class had ended.

"Peter Pettigrew?," McGonagall was surprised to hear the name. "Peter was a student here at Hogwarts. Why did you want to know, Miss Rosemund?" the woman looked at her over her glasses.

"Umm... just curious." Nina did not want to mention the Marauders map since she promised the twins she would keep it a secret. "Professor, is there a way to communicate with Mr. Pettigrew?"

"Communicate?" McGonagall took her glasses off, a soft look staring back at the girl. "That would be impossible, Miss Rosemund, since Peter Pettigrew is dead."

Oh.

Walking to Divination, their last class of the week, Helena told the twins about her talk with Professor McGonagall, asking them again if they hadn't seen the name before whenever they used the map.

"We don't exactly go searching for ghosts when we sneak around, Hell," said Fred taking a seat next to his brother once they entered the foggy classroom.

"Hogsmeade is coming up, Nina," George reminded her, "Let's forget about this Peter and enjoy this weekend ghost-free!"

Helena rolled her eyes, "Okay, I get the hint. I'll stop talking about it... for now," and she walked to where Alicia was with a mischievious smile.

"We have corrupted her," George muttered to his brother when he saw the girl's face.

Fred slowly turned to look at her direction, not wanting to get caught by the girl. Helena had a quill in hand, scribbling away in the corner of some parchment, a look of determination on her face that he considered adorable just now.

The boy smiled to himself.

"We have."

                       ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Nina spent one evening in the library with Cedric looking up a book hoping to find something about Peter Pettigrew, instead of doing her Astronomy chart like she told the Hufflepuff she would.

"Why would he show up in the map if he's dead?" she whispered to herself, closing The Dark War: Stories of the Fallen, a book she thought would mention the name.

"What's that?" asked Cedric, turning his head up.

"Nothing, just..." Should I tell him? "It's... nothing."