Chapter 50.

"I-"

How did they get here on time?

"Almost got hit there, Rosemund," George said walking up to her while Fred and Cedric shared glances and then turned back to the girl waiting to hear from her.

"Nina, I'm sorry," said Harry with a quiet voice. "I-I didn't react on time. You could've been hurt if it weren't for..."

Now Helena, George and Harry turned to look at Fred and Cedric, both sharing a serious expression.

"Weasley! Diggory! Rosemund!" yelled a deep voice with fury close to them.

Professor Snape was walking towards them, his long robe swinging in the air as the Slytherin Head of House had a menacing glance lingering on the three of them. He stood right in front of them, arms crossed as he raised an eyebrow.

"Can one of you care to explain why you attacked a fellow student?" Snaped pointed at Marcus Flint who had gotten himself up with the help of fourth year Slytherin Blaise Zabini.

"Fellow?!" Fred exclaimed in mockery, rolling his eyes.

"He attacked Helena, sir!" Cedric answered a bit too upset for the professor's liking.

"It's true," said Helena bluntly, still processing the situation she was in. She was also upset that she herself was not prepared for the attack. She knew she could have easily defended herself against Flint's spell.

Snape stayed silent as he stared at the three of them and then turning to see Marcus Flint. For a split-second Nina thought he would believe them and take actions accordingly.

"Let's see," began Professor Snape. "50 points from Gryffindor and Hufflepuff and a detention each for Weasley and Diggory. Now get inside, or it'll be a week's worth of detentions."

"That's not fair!" Helena said without thinking, angry that they would be punished because they only defended her. "Flint is the one who attacked, sir!"

"Not a single word, Ms. Rosemund!" Snape snarled, looking down at the girl. "Or I'll add you to the punishment."

Helena was fuming on the inside because of the injustice. She was ready to respond when she caught Fred looking at her with a "it's not worth it" look on his eyes, telling her to let the matter go as he put his hands in his pockets. Helena sighed with defeat while Fred shared a small smile in return.

"Now," began Snape in his low voice. "All of you, off to your next class!"

And with that, the Potions teacher left to head back inside the castle as the rest of the group of Slytherins went behind him. Harry also followed since he knew they were heading to the dungeons to share a class with Slytherin.

Only the sixth years were left behind.

"Erm... I'll go save us seats," George said breaking the silence, slowly walking away from the small group. "I'll just go."

Now it was just Helena, Fred, and Cedric.

"Nina, what were you—"

"You okay there, Hell?" Fred asked interrupting the Hufflepuff.

"Yes, I'm fine," she sighed, shifting her feet feeling aware of the obvious tension between the two boys in front of her. It was a situation she hadn't experienced before and for that reason, it made her feel uncomfortable because she did not know how to react. "Thanks for earlier," she said to both boys.

"Why did Flint attack you?" Cedric asked concerned to the girl.

"I just stood up for myself after he called me... things." Helena was not all that too comfortable using the word mudblood still.