Chapter 59.

"... had to sleep outside for three days to keep and eye out."

Click.

"Did you hear something?" Helena asked Alastor Moody, a sound drawing her attention away from the conversation they were having about Moody's career as an Auror. "It came from outside."

"It's not that I don't believe you, Ms. Rosemund," started Moody. "But being aware of my surroundings is what I do and I didn't hear a thing just now."

Helena frowned, disappointed.

"I just thought... I felt," she sighed. "Nevermind. I must be officially going crazy."

Click.

"There it is again. It's very subtle, but something is out there," Helena said sure of herself. 

Alastor Moody raised an eyebrow at her, not being able to listen to this sound she was mentioning. Everything was silent, only their breathing could be heard, nothing more.

But how come she could hear it so clearly?

Time spent inside this dark room was draining her. She did not know how much time had passed since she got thrown inside. Helena lost track of the date since there was no way on telling if it was daytime or nighttime. The same constant ambiance in the room was tearing her mind apart. Her sleep schedule was a mess now and that also made it hard to keep track of time.

Helena wondered how the real Moody had kept his sanity all this time he's been trapped inside the room they were in. Her mind was already making up sounds that apparently weren't there.

An hour passed after that when Moody got up abruptly from his slumped position on the floor, causing Helena to get startled as she was trying to get some sleep. Moody looked up and there it was.

Click.

This time Alastor Moody heard it, making Helena wonder if what she had heard previously had only been inside her head. They were both standing now.

Click.

"It's definitely above us," Moody assured, nodding at Helena as signal for her to take out her wand, which she had already done before he said anything. The Gryffindor was having second guesses if her wand would still work inside this room if something came in, but she would have to find out soon enough.

Click.

And a door slowly creaked open, a couple of floors above their heads. A thin line of light shined on both the student and the auror, and it made their eyes hurt as more light came through with each inch the ceiling got opened.

A shadow was casted over them.

"Some treasure chest this is. Hello?" a voice was heard, echoing on the walls around the girl and the auror. A voice all too familiar to her.

Helena let go of her wand instantly.

"FRED?!" 

"HELL?!"

"NINA?!"

"GEORGE?!"

10 hours earlier...

Voices echoed along the Great Hall as everyone was enjoying their breakfast excitedly. Warm rays of sunshine lighted the room, energizing everyone in it as they munched on the delicious food on their plates. Students were eager for the day to start. 

A couple of first year Ravenclaws entered the Great Hall running at full speed, having overslept and with only five minutes of breakfast time left, one of them accidentally swung their arm and hit one of the older students when they pointed at the empty spot they had found in their table. But they had knocked the other student's drink on them.