Chapter 4.

September had gone by with the fifth years feeling the pressure of their O.W.L. homework as more and more students started filling up the library whenever they had free time.

Every night, Nina went up to the Gryffindor common room after being in the library and finished up some essays there, finding the warmth of the fireplace cozy when she sat in an arm chair in the corner of the room.

She had organized her schedule well enough so that every assignment would be delivered in time with no pressure whatsoever, but she would still feel exhausted.

One night she crashed in her bed withouth even bothering taking off her school uniform, only untightening her school tie.

"Fifth year is gonna kill me!" moaned one of Helena's roommates, Angelina Johnson, also plopping on her four-poster bed.

"Yep!" Nina popped the 'p' at the end, her face resting on her pillow.

"How do you do it, Nina?" asked Angelina sitting back up. "I mean, you get top grades!"

"Oh, please... It's only because I'm not on the Quidditch team, to be honest," the girl rolled over to her side to face Angelina. "I have time to study. I should be wondering how you do it!"

Both girls laughed, mostly out of tiredness.

"You know," Angelina started, kicking her shoes off, "I never told you how cool you are."

Helena looked confused but inside she was snorting and giggling like a little girl. Me? Cool? Nahh...

Angelina chuckled at the girl's reaction.

"Yeah, you know... You are very smart and confident as well! You don't take crap from anyone. I mean," she rolled her eyes like she was statting an obvious fact, "you must be the only one in school who gets back at the Weasley twins!"

"Well, they do get quite annoying," Helena laughed. "In a fun way, though."

She couldn't believe what she said but it was true. Between the banter and getting even with them, Nina actually enjoyed their company no matter how childish they could sometimes get.

                           ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

During a particular class of Divination, Nina was gazing at crystal balls with her partner Alicia Spinnet.

Professor Trewlawney had added more scented smoke to help them "See beyond their vision". But what it only did was make their heads more fuzzy and their nose stuffed up.

Helena had her chin on the table, inches away from the crystal ball hoping that from this angle she could see something.

"C'mon!" she groaned poking at the ball, "do something!"

Usually, she was at terms with the Divination class. Not liking or disliking it. But today it was starting to piss her off.

Suddenly, she saw two darker spots getting slowly bigger. Helena squinted her eyes to help her concentrate on the moving figures.

Then two reddish spots appeared.

And all of a sudden, Nina was caught up by surprise when two heads popped on either side of her shoulders, making her scream and holding a hand agaisnt her chest feeling like her heart would have shot out of her rib cage.

The twins of course laughed at this, high-fiving each other behind her back.

Nina grabbed her book when Professor Trewlaney wasn't looking her way and went to hit each twin on their arm.

"Don't!" Book slap for Fred.

"Do!" Book slap for George.

"That!" Book slap for Fred.

"Again!" she ended with George.

"Blimey, woman!" George rubbed his arm checking if it hadn't fallen off.

"Maybe you could've been a replacement Beater, eh?" the other twin joked smirking while holding his now sore arm.

"Want me to audition for the job right now? That wasn't my full force before..." she showed him her book threathfully.

"No, no..." said Fred. "The position has just been closed!" he held his hands up in truce.

Nina opened up her book again to the correct page, smiling to herself. "That will teach you not to sneek up on me."

Alicia shook her head at the twins, "I would have just hexed you."

Fred brushed the girl's comment.

"Ah, yes... but dear, Hell right here wouldn't dare-"

"-Do that near a teacher," George turned to their professor.

Trelawney busied herself with Lee Jordan who had jokingly told his partner he had seen his death and advised him not to eat any more chicken if he wanted to live.

Later that day, Helena met up with Cedric in the cold library after dinner to finish their Charms essay due to next day. They had books sprawled over their table to get different references on the subject: The Mending Charm.

"Reparo!" whispered Cedric, pointing his wand at a piece of paper he had torn into several bits but it didn't work.

"Here," Nina took out her wand, "it's more of a tiny swooshing motion. Like this... Reparo!"

The torn paper before them had mended itself looking like new.

Helena returned to her researching, peering over a book that looked like it contained every spell known to wizards by the size of it.

"Brilliant!" the Hufflepuff said a bit too loud making Madame Pince, the librarian, 'shhh' at him with squinting eyes.

"You are gonna get yourself banned from here," Nina smiled amusingly at the boy.

"She wouldn't ban me," Cedric stated confidently grabbing the book nearest him.

Helena rolled her eyes teasingly. "Just because you are Hufflepuff's Golden Boy doesn't exempt you from the rules."

"Hufflepuff's Golden Boy?" Cedric chuckled at the title closing the book.

"What?" the dark haired girl did the same, putting her book away. "Oh, don't tell me you haven't heard that one before."

"Can't say that I have," the boy laughed, "at least no one has ever mentioned it to me."

Intrigued, he leaned back a little on his chair, crossing his arms over his chest smiling cheepishly. The girl in front of him now had his full attention.

Something about him in that moment made Helena's stomach flutter. No.

"Do I have any other nickname that I am not aware of, dear Nina?" Cedric asked smirking.

Nina pushed her hair back her ear, "Umm..."

Why are you nervous? No.

She could feel her cheeks starting to burn and wished that she could turn off the lights right there and make a run for it.

"Don't make me say it," the girl pleaded.

"That bad, huh?" he sighed.

"N-No, no..." she stuttered, "It's not bad. It's rather flattering." The boy's eyes twinkled with curiousity.

Oh, no. Now he'll definitely want to know.

"It's umm...," she was definitely blushing now. She sighed. "It's Pretty Boy Diggory."

Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why?

Her confidence had left the room. She buried her face in her hands already dying inside from embarrassment.

"Ha! Okay...wow!" Cedric scratched the back of his head as a reflex, feeling self-conscious. "And do you agree?"

Nina's head springed up caught off-guard by the question. Cedric, who was looking down, had now fixed his eyes with Helena's dark ones.

She gulped. "Umm, I-I..."

.
.
.
.
.
.

a/n whaaaaaaaat? lmaoo things are getting interesting >:)