Chapter 15.

"... It was little Pettigrew," said Fudge bitterly, "another friend of the Potters' friends. Maddened by grief, no doubt, and knowing that Black had been Potters' Secret-Keeper, he went after Black himself."

Nina had to contain herself from any kind of reaction at the mention of the name, even more so when Sirius Black and Harry's parents were being thrown in the same conversation.

"Pettigrew... that fat little boy who was always tagging around after them at Hogwarts?" said Madam Rosmerta, filling up two glasses of butterbeer.

"Hero-worshipped Black and Potter," said Professor McGonagall. "Never quite in their league, talent-wise. I was often rather sharp with him. You can imagine how I... how I regret that now..."

"There, now, Minerva," said Fudge, "Pettigrew died a hero's death. Eyewitnesses, Muggles of course, we wiped their memories later, told us how Pettigrew cornered Black. They say he was sobbing, 'Lily and James, Sirius! How could you?' And then he went for hid wand. Well, of course, Black was quicker. Blew Pettigrew to smithereens..."

Madam Rosmerta finished preparing the sandwiches Helena had ordered and quickly walked towards, with two plates in her hands.

"All set, honey!" the woman said, looking rather distracted and went back to join in the Pettigrew-Sirius chat.

Nina didn't think she could keep listening to the conversation now that she had her food, so she walked back to the table where Cedric was folding a napkin into a tiny triangle to pass the time.

"Sorry if it took too long," Helena said, placing their meal on the table. "Madam Rosmerta was catching up with the Minister."

"The Minister of Magic is here?" Cedric asked confused, trying to get a glimpse of the man from where he was sitting. "That's odd."

"Why do you say that?" Nina said almost in a whisper, already intrigued to know more than she had just found out.

"My dad works in the Ministry, well... he's in the Department of Regulation and Control of Magical Creautures but he's heard some things," the boy leaned closer signaling Helena to do the same.

"Apparently when Black was still in his cell in Azkaban, he would say things like 'He's at Hogwarts'," continued Cedric. "Dad thinks he got out for some sort of revenge."

"Who would he go after at Hogwarts? A teacher?" It was probable for Helena.

Maybe one of the staff knew more than they should about him. Or had betrayed him somehow and wanted to get even.

"Dunno," said Cedric holding his butterbeer with both hands, "but he already got inside the castle once. Whoever he's looking for must be terrified."

Helena could not imagine being the reason a mass murderer got out of the most heavily guarded prison in the world, just to go after her. She shuddered at the thought, knowing she wouldn't want to leave her dorm room.

"Let's talk about something else," Nina said, wanting to turn things into a more cheerful tone. She took a bite of her sandwich after hearing her tummy grumble.

"Okay, then," Cedric looked around the packed room, his eyes stopping just above Nina's shoulder. "Did you hire bodyguards?" he asked with a chuckle.

"Wof?" the girl said, a hand over her mouth as she had just taken a bite of her food and didn't want to talk with her mouth open.

"There are two people with their hoodies on, just a couple of tables behind you, looking over here." Cedric knew who they were, but didn't want to ruin it for her. "Looks like they have some sort of disguise," he tried not to laugh.