Chapter 11.

It was a crazy thought, but it made sense once she connected the dots. Harry had once mentioned over dinner how Professor Snape gave Lupin a drink, a potion most likely and Ron believed Snape wanted to poison the Defense teacher.

Helena had found it ridiculous back then. Now, it seemed probable that Snape had indeed concocted a brew for Professor Lupin to tame his transformed self. Nina had double checked her astronomy chart and the days that the Lupin had missed class matched the ones when there were full moons.

The more she went around it, her theory would make more sense, which then came the question of how she actually felt about having a werewolf for a teacher.

Professor Lupin was by far the best Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher they have ever had. Nobody could deny that. And he was also kind and encouraged his students to try their best no matter what was the outcome.

Helena did not care if their teacher was a werewolf. That didn't define him. Nina had made Hermione promise she would keep it a secret, even from Harry and Ron. It wasn't their secret to tell.

On Friday night, some hours away from the first Quidditch match of the season, Helena noticed how her study partner looked distracted as they were leaving the library. Cedric would run a hand over the back of his head and kept pulling the strap of his school bag forward.

"Are you nervous for tomorrow's game?" Nina asked.

"Yeah, a bit." Cedric chuckled anxiously. "My first game as Captain and don't want to ruin it, you know?"

"I'm sure you'll do great, Ced. If it makes you feel any less nervous, you are handling it better than Wood."

Just as she was about to say goodnight and take the stairway that lead to Gryffindor Tower, without thinking, Cedric grabbed her hand to stop her. Nina was surprised by the boy's action, her heart starting to beat faster with his touch.

"I was wondering," he began softly, his gaze on her dark eyes, "I know you'll be rooting for Gryffindor tomorrow but... Er, would you wear my scarf tomorrow during the game? For support?" Cedric said with rosy cheeks, a look of hope in his eyes.

As cliché as she thought it was, Nina felt her stomach flutter with butterflies and her heart was thumping so loudly she was afraid Cedric might hear it.

"I'd love to!" she beamed happily.

Cedric sighed with relief, a shy smirk crawling on his face. He then proceeded to untie his yellow scarf that had kept him warm the whole day and wrapped it neatly around the girl's neck.

Helena looked down to hide her burning blushing face, running a hand on the soft material.

"It looks better on you," Cedric commented. "Well... I'll see you tomorrow, Nina!"

They both bid farewell and went their separate ways, unknowingly that the two of them left eachother's side with big smiles on their faces.

Saturday arrived and everyone was excited for the game, a loud buzz of thrilled people could be heard during breakfast in the Great Hall. One of the few days when students felt like they could relax and forget about school work was at Quidditch games.

The pressure the fifth years had from all the homework they'd been given would be held on pause and today it was all about Gryffindor vs Hufflepuff.

Helena took a seat between Fred and George after they stopped her from sitting anywhere else. She was wearing jeans and three layers of jumpers under her trench coat, the weather unleashing a piercing cold wind that blew in the hallways.