Chapter 25.

Helena could not muster a single word.

Her heart was pounding so fast, she thought it would jump out of her chest. She was a ball of wonderful emotions waiting to burst, all she could do was nod while tucking her dark hair behind her ear, her cheeks burning.

Cedric took a step forward, standing so close to her that Nina could feel his breathing hitting her skin. Slowly, the tall boy leaned in, pressing his soft lips on her warm ones as they both closed their eyes, getting lost in the moment and ignoring a couple of students who were walking by. She felt her whole body heat up when the Hufflepuff pulled her even closer to him, one of his hands cupping her face. It's as though she was floating, hovering above the ground in a delightful bliss.

The kiss was perfect to Helena. Not too long, not too short. Just right.

And felt even better than she though her first kiss would feel.

It was hard to tell who was blushing the most when they broke apart, both staring at the ground and giving shy glances at each other.

"Shall we go b--"

Suddenly, a mud-covered and furious Draco Malfoy ran past them, along with Crabbe and Goyle who were also splattered with mud. Malfoy spitting how "Potter will pay for this!"

"That was weird," said Cedric when the Slytherins were out of earshot.

He then saw how Nina started shivering from a cool breeze that hit them, the cardigan she was wearing feeling as though she had only covered herself in a napkin, so he pulled her into a tight hug, rubbing his hands on her back to warm her up.

"C'mon, let's get you inside," he said softly over her head.

Helena could not stop smiling on the carriage ride back to the castle. Everything appeared to be at ease, with the sound of birds chirping on the trees, students laughing on near by carriages and the smell of spring right around the corner left her in a daze.

Leaving Cedric behind to change into warmer clothes, Nina headed upstairs to Gryffindor Tower once they arrived at Hogwarts, using another route when she came across a large group of first years that were blocking a stairway.

It was when she strolled by the statue of the one-eyed witch when someone jumped out of it, causing her to shriek.

"HARRY! You almost gave me a heart attack!" she panted, trying to regain a steady heart beat. Then she looked down to see his hands. "Is that mud?"

"Sorry 'bout that," the boy apologised, holding his Invisibility Cloak behind him and dropping it. "I'm not supposed to be here and I gotta run before--"

"So." a cold voice interrupted.

The two Gryffindors turned around to see a triumphant Professor Snape approaching them, his black robes swishing and then stopped in front of them.

"Come with me, Potter," said Snape. "You too, Rosemund."

"But I didn't--"

"Now."

Helena and Harry followed him downstairs, the boy obviously trying to wipe his hands clean on the inside of his robed without Snape noticing. They walked down the stairs to the dungeons and then into Snape's office.

Nin had never been here before and her first impression of the room was not good. The Potions teacher apparently had a fascination over slimy horrible things that were displayed in jars along, sitting on shelves behind his desk. The firelight making them glint which only enhanced the menacing atmosphere in the room.