Chapter 42.

"Goodnight."

"Goodnight."

Helena Rosemund smiled to the boy who disappeared as the painting of the Fat Lady closed, letting her inside the Gryffindor common room. Though the light of the moon signaled that night time had arrived, there were still some fellow Gryffindors hanging around and chatting with friends.

As she walked up the stairs that led to the dormitories, she overheard a group of fifth year girls saying how they hoped Cedric Diggory would get chosen as Hogwarts' Champion for the Triwizard Tournament, which made her gulp with fear.

In the end, Nina had decided not to tell Cedric about her vision, if she could call it that. The image in her head became blurry as time passed making her doubt about the accuracy of said vision.

Besides, there were lots of sixth year students interested in entering the tournament, including Fred and George who did not see the dangers of doing so. It wasn't a done deal that Cedric would be chosen. So she was probably overthinking.

Helena still felt a bit uneasy as she lay on her bed trying to sleep early, but if there was one thing she was good at, it was overthinking which made the night longer and more unbearable for her to lie down. So she decided to put on her shoes and head down to the Common Room with her plaid pajamas still warm from the covers.

The fireplace was still warming the few people left with its red flames enchanting the room. Maybe it isn't that late.

Helena spotted two familiar heads discussing accidents and diseases happening to them, catching her attention.

"Next Monday," said Ron as he scribbled on his paper, "I am likely to develop a cough, owing to the unlucky conjunction of Mars and Jupiter."

"You know her... just put in loads of misery, she'll lap it up."

"Right," said Harry, taking note of the made up sickness.

Nina walked up to the two boys, her right eye brow arched with a mixture of amusement, disbelief and outrage. She was never fond of cheating or lying on anything school related. And although she had a strong feeling her very close friends, Fred and George, were the type to ease their way through school work, she had never caught them doing so.

"Are you two really going to make up dreadful predictions?" she asked them in a disappointed tone of voice.

Both Harry and Ron gave her wide eyes at the question.

"How'd you know—"

"I think hearing anything with words involving disaster, accidents, diseases and planets in the same sentence makes it pretty obvious it's a prediction," she smirked to herself. "Besides," she continued matter-of-factly, "Professor Trelawney would immediately tell you are lying."

The two fourth years stared at each other then back at the girl looking down on them.

"I forget how much time Hermione spent with you during our first year," said Harry smiling.

"You sounded just like her," Ron said a bit freaked out and annoyed.

Helena rolled her eyes and decided not to be the mum friend of the group right now, and left the boys continue with their school work.

Making her way to the couch in front of the fireplace in hopes that the flames and the low chatter would make her sleepy, the sound of a quill moving fast against some paper made her turn to a corner on the left side, where the Weasley twins looked busy with work and had serious and even preoccupied faces.

Nina first thought that it could be something Weasley's Wizard Wheezes related, but they would have invited her or Lee to help.

That's not it.