Chapter 63.

Helena could not sleep.

She felt as if she wasn't supposed to be there, and laying on somebody else's bed in a house that wasn't hers made the feeling worse. The girl wondered why Dumbledore had bothered to send her a letter every Friday inviting her to these Order meetings when she was not allowed in them, and tonight, they had made it clear other members had the same question.

Helena had trouble figuring out the reason for being here if apparently, Dumbledore was still doubting her abilities as a Seer. She believed she had proven that her visions were real when she entered the maze in the Triwizard Tournament last school year to save Cedric from dying. 

Or had that action proven otherwise since it did not happen?

She couldn't imagine another timeline where Cedric had passed away. It was too painful to think about it.

And then there was the other vision she had about Alastor Moody being trapped inside a dark room, although her vision was not clear enough to decipher who the man in her vision was. At least not in time.

The girl turned to her side to try to sleep and ended up being hit on her face by her now short hair. It had not been long since Hermione and Ginny joined her and headed to their own beds in the room they were sharing. They didn't check to see if Helena was asleep or not since she had walked straight to the room after using the Extendable Ears, leaving everyone else behind to listen to the rest of the meeting. Hermione and Ginny decided to give the seventeen-year-old some space.

Why are the others here?

Were her friends there just to clean up the place while Order members discussed important matters? 

Helena decided to get up from her bed. Trying to sleep would be useless if her mind did not let her rest. The girl walked down the two flights of stairs, walking on her tiptoes to make sure not to wake up anyone, and headed for the main living room on the first floor next to the kitchen, turning on one of the small lamps next to the couch.

She picked up the latest issue of The Daily Prophet and sat down close to the source of light.

Reading through some articles, Helena understood what Hermione had said about how they ridiculed Harry whenever they could, bringing up his name in unnecessary topics. The only reason they were doing this to him was because he had said You-Know-Who had come back. 

Helena had told Dumbledore that Lord Voldemort's return was true and that he had regained strength that night at the graveyard. She still remembered the darkness and emptiness she felt when locking eyes with the wizard, giving her occasional nightmares. She had seen him too and was being ignored completely. Not that she wanted the attention Harry was getting, but she thought her opinion as a second witness would have helped the boy.

It was obvious that the Ministry was discrediting what Harry had said, but why?

They're scared.

The girl put the newspaper away.

The reason why the Daily Prophet was making fun of Harry, the reason why the Order of the Phoenix was reunited once more, the reason her father kept her inside the house during the summer... Fear. And they were all handling it in their own way.

It didn't make sense to Helena how the adults were pushing them away from the subject as if they were trying to keep it a secret that Lord Voldemort had returned. And if she received an invitation for these Order meetings, then she had to be in one of those meetings... one way or another.