Chapter 49.

"I can't do this."

Helena whispered to herself, burying her face on her hands as her elbows rested on a desk at the far end of the library, between the Herbology books and famous wizards through time. The girl had managed to escape from the twins right after visiting the Headmaster because she wanted to be alone.

She felt useless.

She thought that after telling Dumbledore that she was a Seer and that her vision about Cedric dying was real, that the Headmaster would be able to do something about it. But it was the opposite.

The Headmaster had made it clear that Helena could not tell the boy anything about the subject since they couldn't remove him from the Triwizard Tournament and that made her a mess of feelings. Professor Dumbledore said that they would keep a close eye on Cedric Diggory and inform Professor Sprout, but that would be all.

How could they ask her to not do anything about it? To just stand by and wait for a sign of danger to aid Cedric when the time comes and hope to avoid his death?

She was furious. She was confused. She wanted to cry. Everything at the same time.

"I can't do this."

No.

There has to be a way.

Helena could not simply give up. If there was something she learned from the twins is that sometimes you don't have to follow the rules. And this was going to be the case.

She did not know how but she would do everything in her power to avoid Cedric Diggory's death.

And the first step was to figure out what would happen during the tournament and she needed help for that.

Getting up from her hiding place, Helena passed some students who were doing some researching at the library, murmuring to themselves and taking notes when she noticed a redhead sitting by himself, his mind lost in thought.

"Ron?"

"Oh... Hey, Nina," the boy mumbled, looking rather gloomy.

"What's wrong?" Helena asked with a raised eyebrow.

The fourth year didn't respond and instead slumped in his chair.

Helena caught the message and took a seat across from Ron, locking eyes with him to get his attention.

"You'll have your moment to shine, Ronald," the girl said with a soft voice and a smile, which caught the boy off guard.

"W-What are you talking about?"

His face remained upset, almost giving an "I don't care about anything" attitude but his voice betrayed him, exposing the fact the girl knew what he had been thinking about all day.

"It isn't fair," Ron said bluntly, his eyes wandering to the right to avoid looking at Helena. "Why does he always do this? Harry is always the center of attention."

"Oh, Ron!" Helena sympathized for the boy, reaching out a hand across the table between them. "Ron, you have to understand by this point that Harry never asks for things like this to happen to him. They just... do."

"But why can't they happen to me?" the boy asked with desperation, his hands holding on the edge of the desk and his eyes beginning to get watery.

Helena could understand from that specific moment that everyone had their own battles eating them up inside. She knew that feeling. So she could tell Ron was going through some dark thoughts of his own.

"Ron, you have to see the whole picture with Harry. He hasn't had an easy life and he's been forced in situations no wizard his age has even gone through. But do you know what Harry's key to success is?" Helena asked.