CHAPTER 52

AHMAD

"Assalamualaikum" I said as i walked into the house. I was surprised to see my family and nasrin's mother , together with her friends sitting in a very uncomfortable silence .

As I walked closer , all eyes were on me and I immediately squatted to greet the elders.

"Inna wuni mama" I greeted nasrin's mom before greeting my mother too .

They were both about to reply when a loud thunderous voice I was familiar with interrupted .

I looked away to the left to notice my fathers elder sister , who I didn't even know was in the room, sitting together with her shameless daughter . Ahh what is that her name .

I didn't notice I fell into my own trance until her voice thundered again.

" dan tsaban rainin wayoo, didn't you notice I was also sitted here"

"Hajiya inna wuni" I greeted her without further ado .

" ka rike gaisuwan, banaso. Mara kunya kawwai( hold your greetings , you shameless boy ) .

I stood up in silence , with no idea of what I should do because tbh , I was already getting pissed . I looked over at nasrin , whose eyes were already on me . She looked very nervous and scared .

"This isn't the little Ahmad I saw growing up"she spoke again turning towards umma .

"I think by now , you should know that , this useless brat you got him married to has started taking control over him".

" hajiya I get the point that you're angry or you're probably having a bad day . But I don't think you should reign it all on nasrin " nasrin's mom spoke with a hint of anger lacing her words.

"Mtcheew" hajiya hissed .

I watched , unable to control what was happening. I was already tired from the meeting and now this .

" yanzu abincin ma sai muntambaya,tabdi (so we have to ask for the food also ) . Wannan ai ba yi bane, I'm being disgraced by a small brat because of food .

"Ammah kitashi mutafi ( ammah sat and up let's go )" she continued standing up .

I stood shruddedly, wanting her to actually go because everything was getting too much , judging from the atmosphere in the room and the facial expression on everyone's face .

"No hajiya ,meyayi zafi haka, Akan abinchi(because of food )."mama said .

I looked over at nasrin ,her eyes were dulled up with an unfamiliar emotion . She seemed to be very tensed .

Her eyes caught mine looking at her and she stared at me like her life depended on me . I didn't know when I looked away in shame . I felt ashamed knowing my aunty had caused a scene which has definitely got to her ,her friends and family .

"Hajiya bismillah, come and eat" I heard nasrin say from where she stood as she walked towards the dinning .

"Mtcheew, Allah ya sa kar muchi guba ( I hope we don't eat poison). "She replied with so much disgust lacing her voice .

This woman! , she was starting to really get on my nerves.

The room became silent as they all walked towards the dining that was rounded with so many food warmers.

I was walking towards the staircase to my room to take a bath and also escape the tension here when I heard hajiya's thunderous voice call my name .

" where do you think you're going to!?" She asked , turning to eye nasrin in the process.